Several times a day I get a message saying that my phone can't connect to the gmail server. When this happens I can't get my mail and the only fis is to restart the phone. I do not have this problem on my computer or iPad.
    08-23-2012 09:55 AM
    When I had this problem I had to grant permission to allow my iPhone to access my Gmail. I believe the website is something like www.gmail.com/captcha. Just follow the instructions. Hope this helps!!
    08-23-2012 10:00 AM
    I went to the apple store and they had me do this. I'm still having issues. The emails worked great until about two weeks ago. Is it posible it's a problem with the iPhone? Apple claims it is a gmail issue. My son and daughter both have gmail and don't have this issue.
    08-23-2012 10:09 AM
    I went to the apple store and they had me do this. I'm still having issues. The emails worked great until about two weeks ago. Is it posible it's a problem with the iPhone? Apple claims it is a gmail issue. My son and daughter both have gmail and don't have this issue.
    If you're using the native mail app, delete the account from your iPhone, reboot your iPhone and then setup gmail again. If you're using the gmail app, delete it, reboot your iPhone and either re-download and install the gmail app or set it up via the native mail app.
    08-23-2012 10:27 AM
    I deleted the account on the native email app and set it up again. A few hours later the problem came back. Like I said, apple claims that this is a google issue with the iPhone. It does not have anything to do with my phone or apple. Can someone please confirm this or give me a fix that actually works. Thanks
    08-23-2012 10:40 AM
    I deleted the account on the native email app and set it up again. A few hours later the problem came back. Like I said, apple claims that this is a google issue with the iPhone. It does not have anything to do with my phone or apple. Can someone please confirm this or give me a fix that actually works. Thanks
    I cannot say that it is a google issue with the iPhone because I'm not having and have not had any issues accessing my gmail via my iPhone. I'm using the native app but I access gmail via the Microsoft Exchange setup and m.google.com as the server. Is it possible that something is screwy on your iPhone? It is possible. Is it possible that the problem lies on Google's end? It is possible, but without a lot of people complaining about an inability to access their gmail, it is unlikely, in my opinion. As a last resort, you could always connect your device to iTunes and restore it as new. That is my personal recommendation. Doing so has been known to fix a great deal of problems. I'm sorry for not providing you with a fix. Anyway, good luck and enjoy the rest of your day.
    08-23-2012 11:09 AM
    I will restore the phone as new and see if that works. I have apple care and can push apple to replace it. They gave me a hard time the last time I went in. Claiming it's gmail, not apple. Thanks
    08-23-2012 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD