Best Gmail Settings?

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I am a big Gmail user and have a lot of stuff integrated through there including my calendars and such. I have tried multiple settings including exchange on the iPhone but can't seem to get the right settings for emails to necessarily push to my phone almost instantaneously as it was on my blackberry and android phones. What settings do you guys recommend? I tried the exchange method and got some of my emails but they would only come through in chunks and usually update when I open he actual mail application itself. Any suggestions? Do I just have some notification or settings issues?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Check your settings / notifications. You should be getting the emails as soon as possible. They are push notifications. I don't receive them in chunks. Are you goin in out of network coverage?

Reactions: saichick04

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Been on Exchange Gmail for a year and have had only one issue that was widespread for a couple of
days. Other than that it's worked pretty good.

chris3896

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I generally have at least 3 to 4 bars. I have been in and out of wifi coverage but I figure it would work the same. I'll have to double check. Thanks for the responses.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I generally have at least 3 to 4 bars. I have been in and out of wifi coverage but I figure it would work the same. I'll have to double check. Thanks for the responses.

It should work the same on both 3g edge and wifi it does for me!

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
How does everyone get their emails deleted from the server using Gmail through exchange, mine keep going iinto the "All Mail" folder. It may be my IMAP settings, any suggestions??

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
you cant truly delete emails when you use gmail as exchange. it will only archive them. this is the reason that i am using gmail thru imap and fetch. when you delete, it deletes the email.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
you cant truly delete emails when you use gmail as exchange. it will only archive them. this is the reason that i am using gmail thru imap and fetch. when you delete, it deletes the email.

You can change that setting. Go to settings...email. Then navigate to the account settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner