I am new to iPhone. I have always used gmail calender as my calender and it synced with my Palm pre. I have several calenders for family, job, plus few more. But only default calender shows up on iphone. How do I get other calenders to show up?
    10-15-2011 08:20 AM
    Go to m.google.com/sync on Safari on your iphone, log in and then select your device and tell it which calendars to sync.
    10-15-2011 08:24 AM
    Thank you very much. worked perfect!... You are my hero!
    10-15-2011 08:37 AM
    *Blush*
    10-15-2011 08:40 AM
    Thank you for this answer, it helped me so much. I was tearing what little hair that I have out trying to get this to work.
    10-15-2011 10:10 AM
    do you know of a way to syn an Outlook calendar with google calendar in preparation of using an iphone? this is coming from a Blackberry..

same would be for contacts...
    Last edited by Rockdog97; 10-17-2011 at 11:23 PM.
    10-15-2011 05:49 PM
    Go to m.google.com/sync on Safari on your iphone, log in and then select your device and tell it which calendars to sync.
    do you know of a way to syn an Outlook calendar with google calendar in preparation of using an iphone? this is coming from a Blackberry..

I use companion link. go to their website
    10-16-2011 08:47 AM

edit- 10/17/11

I figured it out.. even figured how to upload all my contacts from Outlook... but one this baffles me..I was test driving a 4S today at the ATT store and for the life of me, I could not find a "contacts" icon... I suppose you have to be in either Phone or Messages to pick a contact?

Now if I could figure out how to export all my PocketInformant data off my Blackberry 9700 and upload that information to Google..as dont use the native Blackberry calendar..
    10-17-2011 11:23 PM
    Ok.. another dumb question.. but does the Google Calendar appointments show up on the native iPhone calendar or do you have to log into your Google account to view the calendar?
    10-18-2011 11:32 AM

I figured it out.. even figured how to upload all my contacts from Outlook... but one this baffles me..I was test driving a 4S today at the ATT store and for the life of me, I could not find a "contacts" icon... I suppose you have to be in either Phone or Messages to pick a contact?
    On a stock 4s, you will find the Contacts under Utilities. You can swipe left on the home screen to pull up the keyboard. Start typing the name and the contact will come up.

Ok.. another dumb question.. but does the Google Calendar appointments show up on the native iPhone calendar or do you have to log into your Google account to view the calendar?
    Google appointments will show up on the iPhone calendar. Once you set up your Google account as an Exchange account, you will need to go to m.google.com/sync on your iPhone and select the calendars that you want to appear on your phone.
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    10-19-2011 10:59 PM
    Right on! Thanks for the tips.

So then I take it that when I add something to the phone calendar it automatically syncs to the google calendar and vice-versa?
    Last edited by Rockdog97; 10-22-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    10-22-2011 11:56 AM
    Right on! Thanks for the tips.

So then I take it that when I add something to the phone calendar it automatically syncs to the google calendar and vice-versa?
    You've got it!
    10-22-2011 09:00 PM

last night I added like four different calendars, using the Google Calendar web site. Does the iphone handle multiple calendars? i know my BB can't...
    10-23-2011 04:47 PM
    Yes. Per Brooose's first response
    10-23-2011 04:54 PM
    I'm new to the iphone and all the posts have been very helpful. I have read all the ones regarding the Google Calenders and not being able to see all of them. I have logged on to m.google.com/sync and selected the calenders but still dont see them all. When I logged in I didn't get the option to select a device. I did not set up my gmail account as an Exchange account, does it have to be? The mail works fine, I just cant see all my calenders. I must be doing something wrong as the outlined tips above seem to be working for everybody. I need help.....
    11-13-2011 03:58 PM
    I have now gotten a iPad. Tried the same thing, but I can only find iPhone! How do I add another device!
    01-17-2012 09:37 PM
    Make sure you have gmail as exchange setup on the device first

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    treogolfer likes this.
    01-17-2012 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD