I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to set up Google Voice in Canada on their wifi iPad to be able to send SMS to cell phones ( i devices and other ). I'm not even sure if this can be done or what is involved, I'm trying to find a way to send SMS directly to a phone number without having to get people to install a third party app such as LiveProfile and the like. I know GV is not currently available in Canada but have seen some (rather convoluted) work arounds to get it installed, I'm not even sure if this is the best solution. I know iOS 5 will enable i device chat but I still have a few BB friends out there as well as other cell phone types.

Any ideas?

Duane
    08-05-2011 03:58 AM
    I found a solution in Cydia called WiFiSMS. It's not perfect but it works when your iPhone has wifi access. You the use Safari with your ip address and port 8080.
    08-05-2011 02:56 PM
    Update

Actually I found something less complicated, textPlus+ is now giving phone numbers to Canadian users. This works with iPods and wifi iPads. You can text from wifi to any phone SMS seamlessly.
    08-11-2011 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD