Gmail Password

crags9

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have (3) email accounts set up on my iPhone. My work email works great, no problems whatsoever. My other (2) email accounts are through gmail and I set them up for push notification through the exchange set up. Anyways, every now and then a message will pop up for both of those accounts that my password is incorrect and cannot retrieve email at this time.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this occasionally - And I just put in the password, and all is well again - it's a google-bug I figure. Nature of the beast.

wcarlson40#IM

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
It's been happening to me today. I put in the correct password, and it still say incorrect. Argghh. At least I can still access my gmail through safari...

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
my wife's used to do that...she has two gmail accounts set up through exchange, and it would always say the password was incorrect. I went a different route, and set her gmail account with the "wrong" password to forward to the one that didnt' have a problem....no more issues with the password. She gets all of her email at that one account, with the second account going into a folder of its own.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
It's been happening to me today. I put in the correct password, and it still say incorrect. Argghh. At least I can still access my gmail through safari...

This happens to me every now and then. I just hit cancel, and my e-mails/calendar items/contacts still come through.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen to me. Google "incorrect gmail password on iPhone" or something like that and the solution will come up. It's in the Gmail help as well. I'd give you the info myself but I don't have it. I had to go to a gmail link and "validate" my account by typing in the characters that come up in a box, like when you buy tickets online. I know I'm not explaining it very well, but it took all of a minute to get my gmail working again.

RealDeal71

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had this issue in the past and this fixed it for me:

Go to THIS website (From your computer) and unlock the account.

Once you do this, make sure you're using a SMART/STRONG password for your accounts.

Asunners

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I just hit cancel also. The problem then either repeats once twice, but eventually disappears. It hasn't reoccured in a while, but of course now will because I said that. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2