Gmail as Exchange issue

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to set my husbands Gmail up as Exchange the other day and it would not accept his password. The same password works fine through the regular Gmail setup, as well as on the computer version but will not through exchange...anyone have any ideas as to why? He doesn't want to change it if we can help it.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You shouldn't have to change the password for it to work. Are you sure you had all the other settings right?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea I copied from my own phone and when it didn't work I went through the instructions. It says the password is incorrect.

ahampton2k#IM

Jan 24, 2011
twitter.com
Mine had a hiccup like this a couple days ago. It kept asking for my password over and over even though it was correct. I restarted the phone, and when it first came up it asked again. I went ahead and typed it one more time, and it has been fine ever since. Not sure what happened. :confused:

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Maybe tonight when he gets home we'll try again. I know he could not care less if he can get his email on his phone but I want him to have access to it and his contacts. He thinks I am nuts (shocking!) about this.

RealDeal71

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Try this, go to THIS website (From your computer) and unlock the account.

Once you do this, make sure you use a strong password for your account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2