Difficulty Setting GMAIL Calendar to Work Properly

RealDeal71

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am having some difficulty with syncing my Google calendar to my iPhone, e.g., I sync one way and I get no "pop-up" alerts. I sync another way and get the alerts but the holidays and weather in my calendar are not synced to my iPhone.

Being new to the iPhone, I thought it best to first find out the "preferred" method of syncing the Google Calendar to the iPhone to make sure I've got that down before bothering you with the details of the issues.

I am willing to pay for an app if it makes life easier.

NB: I have my Google contacts and mail synced and working via Exchange.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Syncing through Exchange is the best way. You can get all your subscribed calendars and your email.

RealDeal71

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
When I sync through Exchange, I do not get the "Pop-Up" alerts that you can set to arrive through Google Calendar XX minutes, hours or days before the event.

When I sync the calendar through Google directly, I get the Pop-Up alerts but for some reason, my "Other Calendars", i.e., US Holidays and weather do not display on my iPhone.

milani

Jul 17, 2008
ambientrings.com
I, too, would set it up as a CalDAV calendar. I wrote up some detailed instructions a while back. You can find them here: Google Calendar (CalDAV) on iPhone - Instructions - MacRumors Forums

If you have any questions just let me know - I'll walk you through it. :D

Edit: oh, and it allows you to setup subscribed calendars, too. Notifications work perfectly, as well - popups as well as redundant email notifications (which you setup through Google's settings).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2