Gmail and Corporate Exchange Mail Not Pushing

theswami

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
For about a week now I've noticed changes to the way my email is pushing to my ViP. Essentially, the mail does not push and to get the email to refresh I have to go into the mail app.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

I went over to the Apple Support Forums and came across this thread......

Apple - Support - Discussions - Push not working on Verizon iPhone ...

It is not a solution but when I quit the mail app from multitasking it seems to help fix the issue at least temporarily.

Hopefully, it is either a setting some of us are using or Apple/VZW gets this fixed pronto.

muzikmyke

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
An Observation....

For about a week now I've noticed changes to the way my email is pushing to my ViP. Essentially, the mail does not push and to get the email to refresh I have to go into the mail app.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

I went over to the Apple Support Forums and came across this thread......

Apple - Support - Discussions - Push not working on Verizon iPhone ...

It is not a solution but when I quit the mail app from multitasking it seems to help fix the issue at least temporarily.

Hopefully, it is either a setting some of us are using or Apple/VZW gets this fixed pronto.

I think that this issue is just an early stage bug that Apple will put out an update for. This isn't really a fix either, but one thing I've found that also works is if you have the same email account synced to an email client on your desktop like Apple Mail, if you "get new mail" The push will be forced to your phone. Again, this is not a solution by any means.....It's just a weird observation.