Hi all, new iPhone user here so bare with me. I did search the forums and followed the directions here: Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

to add gmail exchange. The gmail is through my school. I've had issues of it not receiving any new emails since 6am this morning, though last night it seemed to work fine. I've deleted and readded the account following the same directions but my emails still are not coming to my phone,. Any help would be appreciated.
    02-09-2011 02:06 PM
    I had the same exact issue, set up per the big G's instructions.

It sent fine, but didn't pull email down. and literally had 2 emails to pull down, not hundreds.

Deleted it and went back to IMAP.
    02-09-2011 02:18 PM
    Same issue here, just went back to IMAP. Tried searching, but had no luck finding anything recent with issues.
    02-09-2011 02:41 PM
    Lots of reports of this, here in the US and over in the UK. I believe the problem is with Gmail Exchange Server getting overloaded or something. I'm getting mail pushed hours after it's received in my Gmail account.
    02-09-2011 03:18 PM
    Agreed with DoctorK. My gmail exchange worked perfectly yesterday, and today im having issues. I have 1 account set up exchange, and 1 set up imap and both are having delays in pulling down email. I think its googles servers reacting to all the new iphones setting up exchange accounts.
    02-09-2011 03:22 PM
    I never got my Gmail exchange to work so I just deleted and setup through regular Gmail and it has been working fine, I had to manually input my calendar appts and such but that was no big deal. It took like 40mins but also helped me navigate my phone and get used to the typing. I find this better than surepress lol
    02-09-2011 03:29 PM
    Exchange push for Gmail has been working for me like butter over the last hour or two... maybe they fixed whatever problems they were having? Or maybe they'll come right back...
    02-09-2011 04:12 PM
    You have to make sure the fetch new data is set to manually. and push is set to on. it will work
    02-09-2011 04:13 PM
    I use GMAIL through exchange and have never had a problem.. (sorry just trying to get 10 posts in so I can edit my profile) lol
    02-09-2011 04:26 PM
    interesting ... I have 4 different Gmail accounts setup and haven't noticed any issues last night or today. They are all on my Google Apps account which shouldn't make a difference, but ...
    02-09-2011 04:27 PM
    I just setup the activesync (Exchange) again for Gmail, and now it's working. Let's see how long it lasts.
    02-09-2011 05:55 PM
    I stopped using Exchange too due to problems. Question though: Why not just just the Gmail option? I used exchange because I thought that was the only one that pushed the mail. Wrong. Gmail pushes to my phone just fine.
    02-09-2011 06:25 PM
    Gmail doesn't push - your phone fetches it. It might seem like the same thing or even if it doesn't, it might not matter to you...
    02-09-2011 06:38 PM
    Gmail doesn't push - your phone fetches it. It might seem like the same thing or even if it doesn't, it might not matter to you...
    Except it does push...

I actually send test messages at random times and they are instantly in the inbox (i.e. I hear the notification immediately)

BUT

as soon as I typed my earlier post, it stopped doing it. Now I'm back to Exchange again! Starting to get a little irritated with it.

EDIT: In fact, my iPod touch has NEVER been set up for MS Exchange and the Gmail still pushes to it.
    Last edited by Darth-gamer; 02-09-2011 at 06:50 PM.
    02-09-2011 06:43 PM
    I have had no issues with gmail through exchange have been getting my emails right away
    02-09-2011 06:57 PM
    Today on Exchange I had an issue where "Incorrect password" should pop up no matter how many times I input it. That just happened today.
    02-09-2011 07:22 PM
    The gmail setup will get you your email but, AFAIK, it will not sync you calendar and contacts
    02-09-2011 07:25 PM
    The gmail setup will get you your email but, AFAIK, it will not sync you calendar and contacts
    Incorrect. It syncs it all.
    02-09-2011 07:25 PM
    Also, if you go to m.google.com/sync on the iPhone. Log in it will give you more options to edit and change what syncs.
    02-10-2011 10:14 AM
    Gmail exchange seems to be working perfectly today. Just an updated status report...
    02-10-2011 11:06 AM
    Gmail exchange seems to be working perfectly today. Just an updated status report...
    X2. Must have just been a usage bug yesterday.
    02-10-2011 11:26 AM
    X2. Must have just been a usage bug yesterday.
    I would have to +3 this, but around noon....

Stopped.
    02-10-2011 01:06 PM
    What am I missing? I just used the Apple mail setup for my g-mail and set my setting for push on it. Did not do anything special however I only use it for e-mail. Is there an issue with the way others are setting it up? I literally ent into settings and set up a new account and entered my name, email password and viola, it worked.
    02-10-2011 01:11 PM
    Yep, both exchange and imap working fine for me again.
    02-10-2011 01:19 PM
    What am I missing? I just used the Apple mail setup for my g-mail and set my setting for push on it. Did not do anything special however I only use it for e-mail. Is there an issue with the way others are setting it up? I literally ent into settings and set up a new account and entered my name, email password and viola, it worked.
    If you set up gmail using the gmail button on the iPhone, it is imap and fetch, not push. To get gmail push, you need to set it up as exchange.
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD