Gmail Exchange Issues

jbuck387

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, new iPhone user here so bare with me. I did search the forums and followed the directions here: Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

to add gmail exchange. The gmail is through my school. I've had issues of it not receiving any new emails since 6am this morning, though last night it seemed to work fine. I've deleted and readded the account following the same directions but my emails still are not coming to my phone,. Any help would be appreciated.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the same exact issue, set up per the big G's instructions.

It sent fine, but didn't pull email down. and literally had 2 emails to pull down, not hundreds.

Deleted it and went back to IMAP.

xmnj

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Same issue here, just went back to IMAP. Tried searching, but had no luck finding anything recent with issues.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Lots of reports of this, here in the US and over in the UK. I believe the problem is with Gmail Exchange Server getting overloaded or something. I'm getting mail pushed hours after it's received in my Gmail account.

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Agreed with DoctorK. My gmail exchange worked perfectly yesterday, and today im having issues. I have 1 account set up exchange, and 1 set up imap and both are having delays in pulling down email. I think its googles servers reacting to all the new iphones setting up exchange accounts.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I never got my Gmail exchange to work so I just deleted and setup through regular Gmail and it has been working fine, I had to manually input my calendar appts and such but that was no big deal. It took like 40mins but also helped me navigate my phone and get used to the typing. I find this better than surepress lol

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Exchange push for Gmail has been working for me like butter over the last hour or two... maybe they fixed whatever problems they were having? Or maybe they'll come right back... :D

jwstxk3

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I use GMAIL through exchange and have never had a problem.. (sorry just trying to get 10 posts in so I can edit my profile) lol

Asunners

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
interesting ... I have 4 different Gmail accounts setup and haven't noticed any issues last night or today. They are all on my Google Apps account which shouldn't make a difference, but ...

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I stopped using Exchange too due to problems. Question though: Why not just just the Gmail option? I used exchange because I thought that was the only one that pushed the mail. Wrong. Gmail pushes to my phone just fine.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Gmail doesn't push - your phone fetches it. It might seem like the same thing or even if it doesn't, it might not matter to you...

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Gmail doesn't push - your phone fetches it. It might seem like the same thing or even if it doesn't, it might not matter to you...

Except it does push...

I actually send test messages at random times and they are instantly in the inbox (i.e. I hear the notification immediately)

BUT

as soon as I typed my earlier post, it stopped doing it. Now I'm back to Exchange again! Starting to get a little irritated with it.

EDIT: In fact, my iPod touch has NEVER been set up for MS Exchange and the Gmail still pushes to it.

Last edited:

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Today on Exchange I had an issue where "Incorrect password" should pop up no matter how many times I input it. That just happened today.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Also, if you go to m.google.com/sync on the iPhone. Log in it will give you more options to edit and change what syncs.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods