How to Setup GMail: Contacts, Calender, and Email.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
OP, Thanks for this. I have a couple of questions.

First off, I set up google sync on my PC and synced my calendar.

But it does not seem to Sync my contacts. How do I sync my contacts between Outlook-Iphone-Ipad

Any changes made on Ios show up within seconds on Google, but the new contacts dont come back to Outlook. The calendar works fantastic, and will update every 30 min on my PC(as per the sync widget).

That's because from iPhone to GMail it's pushed, you would have to have your outlook to update every couple of minutes for it to be real time. I have mine set at home to sync every time I open and close it. It works for me, you might want to see if there is some more info for you HERE.

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That's because from iPhone to GMail it's pushed, you would have to have your outlook to update every couple of minutes for it to be real time. I have mine set at home to sync every time I open and close it. It works for me, you might want to see if there is some more info for you HERE.

This is the Google App sync. I do not have a google app account. I only have a regular Gmail. Can I still use that app? I am currently using google clendar sync which is a different program.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I don't know about the Google app, I just use the regular sync that outlook preforms. Sorry I can't be anymore help.

BrooklynGuy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the original post....I wouldn't have known to use the Exchange option....would probably have used "Add Gmail" account. I enjoy my gmail, but google gives you a bunch of options for how to use it on a mobile device, and the explanations they gave weren't really all that clear.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the original post....I wouldn't have known to use the Exchange option....would probably have used "Add Gmail" account. I enjoy my gmail, but google gives you a bunch of options for how to use it on a mobile device, and the explanations they gave weren't really all that clear.

Glad I could help.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Gmail through exchange allows you to sync all you contacts, calendar, and email. So if you add an event to your calendar on your phone it updates to the one online, or to outlook. The same goes for contacts, this works great, my wife and I share calendars and a group on contacts.

Thanks, so what is the benefit of using "Gmail" on the Iphone, rather than setting gmail up through exchange on the Iphone?

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
The benefit is setting up GMail through exchange, it allows you contacts, calendar, and email to sync, it also allows the use of push notification. There is no benefit if you set it up the other way and you can not sync contacts or calendar events.

Reactions: briankeith513

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The benefit is setting up GMail through exchange, it allows you contacts, calendar, and email to sync, it also allows the use of push notification. There is no benefit if you set it up the other way and you can not sync contacts or calendar events.

+1. Setting up gmail as a non-exchange account serves no benefit over setting up as an exchange account.

Reactions: briankeith513

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73