Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
For some reason my Gmail isn't pushing any emails to me. I remember getting emails seconds after they were sent, but now they never come unless I manually open the email app. Any ideas as to how to fix this or why this is?

Thanks

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
well it depends which service you use to setup your email.

if you set it up through the actual gmail setup then it will only give you new emails when you go into your mail...

if you set it up using exchange setup, you get the emails push to you whether you refresh your inbox or not.

you can google how to set up gmail through exchange and you will have your answer

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
When I went into the settings I clicked the Gmail setup, and not exchange because I thought that Gmail already provided push email. I guess I will try with exchange.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Gmail does provide push, through exchange. If you go into the mail app and set it up by just entering your name/password you get IMAP.

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone with gmail set up through MS exchange had difficulty the last few months with flaky delivery or issues with obtaining mail? I do have gmail set up with MS EXchange and for some reason, periodically, I do not get emails unless I actually go into the mail app and it triggers the phone to d/l new messages. Very frustrating. I am jailbtroken, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Also, some times when I try to delete messages it won't erase, the email just stays put.

Any suggestions? i am using the m.google.com server.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My Gmail through MS Exchange has worked great. Two accounts too. I've actually been jailbroken
during the timespan and they were working fine. I don't know if you've tried deleting the accounts
and re-adding them. Try that if you haven't.

ryanlberg

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
just set up My Gmail through MS Exchange a few days ago it does not show all the mail thats in my in box . how do i get my mail to show up?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit