If I Don't set up my gmail through exchange, why does the calendar only sync the personal calendar in my gmail account? I don't mind syncing my gmail through the exchange option, but curious to know why when you set up gmail the regular way (non exchange) does the calendar not show the other calendars/labels that are in google calendar
    10-04-2010 02:12 PM
    Seems to be a limitation of Google honestly. I noticed that as well and never was able to find a straight answer.
    10-05-2010 12:12 PM
    could it be...

that when you tell the phone not to sync with google over exchange it doesn't look for calendar or other such information?
    10-05-2010 12:51 PM
    It has nothing to do with setting it up through exchange. I have my gmail set up via exchange and it still only shows my main calendar. I have go to using an app called CCal. It's free and shows all of the calendars that I have set up in my Google calendar.
    10-05-2010 02:15 PM
    I have never tried this feature from gmail honestly.
    10-05-2010 06:02 PM
    It has nothing to do with setting it up through exchange. I have my gmail set up via exchange and it still only shows my main calendar. I have go to using an app called CCal. It's free and shows all of the calendars that I have set up in my Google calendar.
    I use gmail via exchange and get all the calendars I've got set up. Here are the steps:

First, set up via exchange. Then--this is the important part--you need to tell Google which calendars to sync. Here are the instructions:

Mail, Calendar, & Contacts: Choosing Which Calendars to Sync
    Google Sync allows you to choose up to 25 Calendars with the Calendar app on your Apple device.

To select which calendars to sync to your Apple device, follow the steps below:

1. Open the Safari browser on your device and go to http://m.google.com/sync.
    2. Sign in with your account and select your device from the list of devices you've set up for Google Sync.
    3. Follow the prompts from there.

(If you use Google Apps, follow these steps)
    1. Open the Safari browser on your phone and go to Google Mobile
    2. Click on Google Apps user? at the bottom of the screen.
    3. Enter your domain name (e.g., YourDomain.com).
    4. Click the Sync icon in your domain area (this section has a green background).
    5. Sign in if required.
    6. Select your device to configure Calendars.

It's all worked for me since setup, without the need for any awkward workarounds or third-party apps.
    iquinn likes this.
    10-06-2010 12:17 AM
    @Massie Thanks for the tip that works great.
    10-06-2010 01:16 AM
    Glad it helped...not sure why they made it so much work in the first place!
    10-06-2010 01:18 AM
    Glad it helped...not sure why they made it so much work in the first place!
    Agreed, it seems like that should have been more obvious.
    10-06-2010 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD