Gmail, Exchange, Custom "From" in iOS4?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been searching through past posts about using custom "From" addresses with Gmail, but haven't found a thorough answer for my situation. Here's my question:

I'm using my primary Gmail account on my phone, set up as an Exchange account that syncs my mail, contacts, and calendar. I have several other accounts that funnel into this primary account. What I'd like is to be able to reply to mail from those accounts with the address of that account. Currently, Google says that "At this time Google Sync does not support custom "From:" addresses" in its Known Issues.

Before iOS4, I had added my other accounts in the Mail app as Other accounts, but when iOS4 came out, having multiple Gmail accounts caused problems with mail behavior, and I had to delete the extra accounts.

So: has anyone had luck in finding a way to use several Reply As addresses with Gmail? And if so, would you mind walking us through the steps and settings you used?

Thanks!

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i dont think thats able to be done... the only thing that can be done is to change the default email address within gMail's settings... but that doesn't fix your problem...

Even Apples own MobileMe which has the option, is quite a poor implementation.. and in my experience doesn't even show all the aliases.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner