can I have my gmail and att.net emails both push on my ip4?

motox151

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this may have been covered already!

I am currently using gmail which I have set up as push on my iphone4.

I just got a att.net email address and was wondering if I can set that up as push as well or can I only have one email account push on the iphone?

I did try to set it up under the yahoo! under add new account and sent some test emails but none of them pushed........

Thanks in advance for any help!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, the iPhone won't do push with any account. Only certain servers like Gmail, Yahoo, MobileMe.

motox151

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
umm what lol? Sorry Im a bit confused. My gmail is set up as push and does it great. I think I set that up using the microsoft exhange under add account.

Does the att.net account(which is yahoo) work in the same manner? I keep seeing that yahoo and the att.net accounts will push but I can not get it to work? am I doing something wrong?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I'm under the understanding that we are allowed more than one exchange account with the new os.

If it is not an exchange account then it may not be push as Alli stated. My cable account will not push but my mobile me and my work email, which is an exchange account, both push.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
BB's can push all accounts because they funnel all of your accounts through a central server that does the push. This is their strength and their weakness. If that server goes down then so do all of you email accounts.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm pushing two accounts just fine. However, both are gmail. One is basic gmail, the other is a apps account.

The only way it is going to push is if you set it up under exchange.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2