Question about Gmail

Shlov1

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
OK, so I have noticed that on IOS4.0 that every email I have in my gmail account shows up in my inbox and in my gmail -> All mail folder also. this happens for sent, deleted, and received. So if I delete something I have to delete it everywhere? All I want is just the one inbox and everything there and if I delete something I want it deleted. Do I not have something set up right? Please help. Thanks.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
OK, so I have noticed that on IOS4.0 that every email I have in my gmail account shows up in my inbox and in my gmail -> All mail folder also. this happens for sent, deleted, and received. So if I delete something I have to delete it everywhere? All I want is just the one inbox and everything there and if I delete something I want it deleted. Do I not have something set up right? Please help. Thanks.
You have one inbox. All mail is just that, all your
mail, including inbox items, sent and deleted. All
you have to worry about is what is in your inbox.

There is no issue here. You're just looking for
mail in the wrong spot.

Shlov1

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You have one inbox. All mail is just that, all your
mail, including inbox items, sent and deleted. All
you have to worry about is what is in your inbox.

There is no issue here. You're just looking for
mail in the wrong spot.

Not correct. when I open my mail app. I see from top to bottom: inbox, drafts, sent mail, trash, GMAIL, all mail, spam, starred, gmail trash, personal, receipts, travel, work.

If I sent an email it shows up in the 3rd one which is sent items and it also shows up in the gmail folder that says all mail. Why is it keeping it in all mail and everything going in there?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Correct! Because outgoing is part of "all".
Everything you do in mail, whether it's coming
in, going out, drafting, or whatever is ALL!

You should be worried about the label that
says "Inbox"

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
The one I highlighted/circled is what you
should be worried about.

photoforgephoto.jpg

If this has "all" your mail, then you have a
problem.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
This is b/c GMail uses labels to as fake folders. Everything goes into the "all mail" folder and then is also filed under labels. If you delete something from your inbox it should get deleted from your "All Mail" as well, once the server actually deletes the mail ( which could be a while ).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW