I recently changed my Gmail account to use the Activesync/Exchange settings recently from IMAP. I have a lot of email in there, some specifically that I found I needed to search for from about 2 months back. I have a pretty meticulous filing system, so it was easy to know what folder it would be in, but when I opened the folder on my iPhone there were NO emails in there. I have some pretty significant information in my email that I would really hate to lose. I logged onto the gmail site and wait, there was all my mail but it wasn't showing up on the iPhone.

I enabled my imap account and could see all my mail but with the account that is tied to exchange I could only see email from the last month or so. I checked the settings on the account to make surevit wasn't limiting the messages I saw and then I googled.

It turns out GMail is limiting the Activesync accounts to send 28 days of mail. They are apparently looking into it but no planned chane has been announced.
    Gmail Push Only Showing Last 30 Days (even when set to 'No Limit')? - Google Mobile Help

*edit* not sure how half my post disappeared...must have been a mistake posting from the iPhone
    Last edited by big9erfan; 10-01-2009 at 10:21 AM.
    10-01-2009 10:17 AM
    You might be able to use the search feature to "search on server" for emails not on the phone.
    10-01-2009 10:40 AM
    Not too take away from your post, but today I switched back to using Mobile ME. For some reason emails via the new Google Sync was not instant. I was beginning to wonder what else I was missing, thus the change.

Hopefully, in time Google will make said changes to accomodate these request from users. After all, Google Sync for iPhone (email) is still new
    10-01-2009 11:04 AM
    You might be able to use the search feature to "search on server" for emails not on the phone.
    You can't. Via IMAP you can, but via google active sync, the emails just aren't there. I tried the search and it found nothing

Not too take away from your post, but today I switched back to using Mobile ME. For some reason emails via the new Google Sync was not instant. I was beginning to wonder what else I was missing, thus the change.

Hopefully, in time Google will make said changes to accomodate these request from users. After all, Google Sync for iPhone (email) is still new
    I'm actually getting the emails to my phone faster than to my PC, which is great, but I just wish I had all my emails . I may have to go back to IMAP if this isn't addressed fairly soon.
    10-01-2009 11:59 AM
    I kept the IMAP account on my phone, but turned it off. If I ever need to search, I just turn it back on. Not super convenient, but my phone's battery thanks me for push
    10-03-2009 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD