Contact sync with Gmail problem

blane64

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have set my Contacts to sync with my Gmail account. However, I recently added all the contact info for my youth soccer team (parents, phone numbers, email, etc) so that I can send out a group message when needed. However, when I look at my iPhone contacts, none of the new entries are present, even though I did a sync last night, like a good computer user, when it didn't work, I did it again and again....

The contacts are in my contact list in my Gmail account, but won't transfer to the iPhone. Is the gmail sync only one way? That is, iphone writes to google, but not the other way around? Could it be that I created a "Group" within Gmail, and that is keeping them from coming over to iPhone?

Anyone else have this trouble?

Thanks

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i use google sync with my Gmail account also. if you create a group in Gmail, it will not transfer. however, if you entered those email addresses (that are within your group) as separate contact entries, they will transfer. at least then you will have their contact info on your iphone as well as in Gmail.

as for groups on the iphone, isn't possible from within the native mail system on iphone. you can get apps that do this (look for group mail in app store), but i have not tried any. right now i'm looking at Group Mailer as a possibility, but i don't want to have to open another app just to email a group. <<Grrrrr>>

oh, i did find this trick online. says you can use "Notes" and cut & paste email addresses. read it here: How to send group emails from your iPhone — RED66. i'm about to try it. good luck!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP are you using the Iphone with a Mac or Windows? if you're using it with a Mac and you sync to the addressbook you can create groups in the addressbook which will transfer to the Iphone. So you could sync your single contacts from GMail and then move them into groups in addressbook.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh