Yahoo or GMail?

Do you prefer Yahoo or GMail on your iPhone?

• Yahoo

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • GMail

Votes: 129 78.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...at present I'm using GMail, albeit I have a Yahoo account, too. I was just gathering information.

I guess GMail will break leaps and bounds when they/Apple release PUSH. I'm using nuevasync.com/ at present. And it works pretty well...

Last edited:

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i use both. the problem is that while yahoo has push, you cant forward the email to any other acct, ie mobileme. gmail, while it can be forwarded, doesnt have push, but it does forward to mobileme. you lose the imap functionality you find with gmail alone, but pick it up with the mobile me if you are using it. if i wasnt using mobileme, i think i would probably use yahoo, only for the push (although it is very spotty) and it has an imap like setup as well. if push isnt a big deal, then gmail is more robust in features to me. now like you said navi, when gmail starts to push, then i'll quit forwarding (maybe) to mobile me and use it. i think both are good choices, and if you're using the nuevasync.com option, you're pretty much set there as well.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Gmail. Have my contacts there too synced to my iPhone via Google Sync. I don't really need push email and it only takes a few seconds to fetch new mail when I open the app.

supermanfos

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I use both frequently. I just find gmail is much faster @ e-mailing bigger attachments such as photos or video. I also don't like how the Yahoo makes me pay $20 a year to get the same features Google gives me for free. Hopefully eventually I can make a permanent switch over.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Gmail rocks! Had Yahoo for awhile but just never really liked it for some reason. I use Gmail for all of my personal accounts but I use MobileMe for business.:)

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Gmail.

It's just easier, both on my Mac and my iPhone. Tags let me tag everything I have and I have 7 GB worth of storage and it's growing. Not to mention I love everything that Google is doing and more (Chrome, GMail, Voice, it's all good)

Besides, Yahoo is really out for the money and they're sleeping with the enemy, Microsoft, a lot of the time too.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Yahoo only for push.

I prefer Gmail as it knows the difference between spam and "RE: Re: Re:". Yahoo constantly puts email from people that I have replied to in spam.

I also use MoMe, which is great for push (works flawlessly) and for storage.

mashono

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
I use Gmail, I've always loved it! It's easy to use and has a great look. I've tried Yahoo! but it just didn't work out for me. Gmail needs push though!

Mag

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Gmail. Have my contacts there too synced to my iPhone via Google Sync. I don't really need push email and it only takes a few seconds to fetch new mail when I open the app.

I love how your iPhone also fetches email when you open other Apple apps which require internet such as AppStore etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73