Yahoo or GMail?

Do you prefer Yahoo or GMail on your iPhone?

• Yahoo

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • GMail

Votes: 129 78.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Lol. I have both pushed to my phone, but I use Yahoo more. I find the gmail interface on my desktop more confusing but like gmail better on my iPhone, as it is more reliable.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Lol. I have both pushed to my phone, but I use Yahoo more. I find the gmail interface on my desktop more confusing but like gmail better on my iPhone, as it is more reliable.

Talk about reliable and Yahoo is not going to be in the sentence... You hit it on the nail. I have my Yahoo "set" to push, but I have to go into the mail app for it to load. I'd rather have pull for 15 minutes with Google than to have Yahoo attempt to push... it's ridiculous. Don't let me get started on the spam protection: I guess my inbox is for spam and my spam folder is for email I need :rolleyes:

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Duvi you are exactly right! When is this phone going to have TRUE push for email like the blackberry and not have everyone buy the app to get push?

I'm curious....Why is it that the yahoo push on the iPhone is so unreliable? I'm not a techie, so I don't understand what's the difference, but on the blackberry, you type in your user account and password to set up your yahoo email push. Same thing on the iPhone.

So why is one so reliable when the other is so spotty that you have to actually open the app for the emails to sometimes show up? Is it because on the BB, yahoo is set up sorta like how it is on MobileMe, whereas on the iPhone (if you don't subscribe to MobileMe), your yahoo push is set up thru yahoo themselves, and it's just that yahoo is unreliable if it doesn't push thru a service like MobileMe? I don't get it.

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Yes. yahoo. I have family who works for them so its kinda hard not to. Ive tried gmail before and i love the customizable featuresand how minimalist it is but to many crashes.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm close to closing my Gmail account. All of it. I just had to change my password AGAIN the other day due to "suspicious activity". Whatever that means. Anyone know how much of a pain in the ass it is to change everything you have on multiple computers and an iPhone???

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm close to closing my Gmail account. All of it. I just had to change my password AGAIN the other day due to "suspicious activity". Whatever that means. Anyone know how much of a pain in the ass it is to change everything you have on multiple computers and an iPhone???

I've had to do that a couple of times lately, too. It is a pain in the rear. I'm in the process of transitioning to YAYA (yet another Yahoo account). I do like the push with it (appears to be more reliable than gmail's push), and with all the hub-bub surrounding google and their massive collection of data, I'm beginning to think I should stop adding so much to that pile.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
D I T T O!

I've spent the last week, removing my internet footprint. I've had way too much data about me, just out there. Google's latest fiasco with Google Buzz just put me over the edge.

I like my Mobile ME, and seems Apple will have me bound to spending money for years to come...

I've had to do that a couple of times lately, too. It is a pain in the rear. I'm in the process of transitioning to YAYA (yet another Yahoo account). I do like the push with it (appears to be more reliable than gmail's push), and with all the hub-bub surrounding google and their massive collection of data, I'm beginning to think I should stop adding so much to that pile.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Are there any other services out there that provide a Google-like Exchange account other than Me? I'm getting really VERY tired of having to change my Google password.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm with navi. MobileMe has been really good to me. But web2mail looks like a good alternative. I just found out that it also syncs with outlook 2007 as imap! I cam delete an email on my iPhone and literally see it dissappear in outlook.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro