Yahoo or GMail?

Do you prefer Yahoo or GMail on your iPhone?

• Yahoo

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • GMail

Votes: 129 78.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

charliej66

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
I've been using Yahoo! for quite a while, but after reading this thread I set up a Gmail account. I have to say I really like Gmail a lot.

CellInnovation

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Gmail just does a lot of things right and doesn't get in the way. One of the most annoying features of the default Yahoo theme is it lists ALL the messages in your inbox on one page without giving you the option to display the messages on several pages. Thus, if you want to apply an operation, for instance delete a set of messages from a given timeframe, you have to select ALL the messages in your inbox or none at all and tick messages on or off one by one.... Very annoying! Even hotmail does a better job at this.

Also i find searching through your mail messages on Yahoo is essentially broken, doesn't give the results you'd expect.
It's little things like that that turn me off Yahoo.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
GMail sucks azz! Yahoo is the bomb!

I have UNLIMITED space with Yahoo. I've never seen anyone give that option. I'm also allowed to send emails up to 20MB. I have never seen that option either from a free email service! My Yahoo mail is pushed IMMEDIATELY to my iPhone 3G. I get the mail on my iPhone faster than my PC does! :eek:

And yes I have GMail but I don't use it. I have no need to until Google Wave comes out. Until then I'll be a chatting on Yahoo!

Last edited:

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Okay, are you serious? That's like asking, which would you rather have: a $10,000 dollar bill or a 50? piece.

Gmail is astronomically better than Yahoo.

I used Yahoo Mail for several years, and then in April of 2004 I switched to Gmail. It is superior in every way. There is no tradeoff.

1. Spam. In the past 5 years, I have received about 10 spam messages in my Inbox. Gmail has caught the rest. I've had exactly 1 message that was NOT spam, marked as spam. So ~11 messages incorrectly flagged in 5 years.

2. Storage. With Gmail, you don't ever delete your old emails. You just "Archive" it, and it gets sent into the "All Mail" folder. This folder has (you guessed it) all your mail. You don't have to worry about "Do I delete this to save space? What if I need this email later?" Gmail gives you tons of storage--so just archive it, then you have it in case you need it.

3. Search. Instead of sorting your emails into folders so you can browse to them more easily later, you just search. Gmail searches your email ridiculously fast.

Those 3 reasons you stated my Yahoo mail does except for archiving it in a separate folder, but it keeps ALL of my mail and never deletes it. I don't know which Yahoo service you were using that it supposedly sucks all that bad. :confused:

UPDATE: Dammit! I swear not even 2 hours after I write this I was telling my buddy that Sharing Contacts on the iPhone doesn't work via Email because it comes out on the other end as gibberish. He said, I've got GMail and mine came out fine just like an Outlook Contact. Apparently the way Yahoo mail sends it breaks up the .vcf attachment and sends it with all this code in it. Crap! Maybe I'll start also using my GMail!!! :(

Last edited:

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
I actually use both Yahoo and Gmail. I forward my Gmail to an Exchange account so that mail is pushed to me. So I get both push gmail and yahoo.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm actually using my MobileME account now. I just extended my contract. I've forwarded my GMail to it, and using GMail's SMTP to reply to emails. It works perfectly...

Fix that quote Ivan. And yes, that is priceless! Hehe.

How's push Gmail working for you?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm actually using my MobileME account now. I just extended my contract. I've forwarded my GMail to it, and using GMail's SMTP to reply to emails. It works perfectly...

You must teach me young padawan! (However you spell it... lol).

I haven't messed with the smtp stuff. Do you keep the copy on Gmail's server?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I voted Gmail because it has a better setup than yahoo mail, but if you want e-mail instant, go with yahoo. if you can do with 15 minute intervals or more, go with gmail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2