NuevaSync -- Gmail push, but for a small price...

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed prior... I'm currently trying NuevaSync (NuevaSync - Over the Air Mobile Sync) which acts as an intermediary between good ole' gmail and the iphone for syncing Calendars, Contacts AND GMAIL PUSH.

The service essentially acts sorta like the BIS service of a Blackberry. It's an Exchange Server, which connects to the imap gmail service. thus, you get (and i'm currently getting) push email from gMail.

The price is $25/yr -- 1/4 the price if mobile me, which i was using for a hacked push service for my gmail.

The cons: you CAN already sync directly with calendars and contacts, BUT you cannot have two exchange accounts at once (is that correct? i didn't try).

Let me know what you guys think of the service. Unfortunately there is no free trial. i'll update this post in a week to let you know how the service has been.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed prior... I'm currently trying NuevaSync (NuevaSync - Over the Air Mobile Sync) which acts as an intermediary between good ole' gmail and the iphone for syncing Calendars, Contacts AND GMAIL PUSH.

The service essentially acts sorta like the BIS service of a Blackberry. It's an Exchange Server, which connects to the imap gmail service. thus, you get (and i'm currently getting) push email from gMail.

The price is $25/yr -- 1/4 the price if mobile me, which i was using for a hacked push service for my gmail.

The cons: you CAN already sync directly with calendars and contacts, BUT you cannot have two exchange accounts at once (is that correct? i didn't try).

Let me know what you guys think of the service. Unfortunately there is no free trial. i'll update this post in a week to let you know how the service has been.

I use the service for my kids to keep their contacts up to date from gmail. Which is free. I've used this since the service was beta and have had very few problems. I have not used the push gmail.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
so far... about a 1 or 2 second delay, sometimes faster than the google website... probably about the same as MoMe

iNickSays

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
does the NuevaSync service push emails to imap folder other than your INBOX?

ie: if you have rules set up so that emails skip the inbox and go to another folder, will you still get a notification?