Yahoo vs. Gmail

spidermanroach

Dec 27, 2008
Visit site
I have Yahoo and that is the address that is pushed to my iphone. I am wondering what people have experienced with Yahoo and Gmail. Is one more fast at getting emails to your phone or doesn't it matter??? Sometimes my wife emails me at 9am (her works is through iserv) and I don't get them until 7pm. Other times it goes through with no problem. Just wanted to get thoughts from people. Thanks for the input!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well Gmail does not push at all on the iPhone. It is IMAP though, but you can set that to fetch at certain time intervals. Yahoo is suppose to push, but... it does not do that good of a job. If you want reliable email pushed you need to look at a exchange account or MobileMe. Good luck.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I haven't noticed it being down for days at a time...maybe 24 hours at most. But then again, I get "dinged" for my exchange email, and then I check them both at the same time, so maybe it really is down more frequently than I calculated.

natesac

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I am having trouble with my yahoo mail. I love the push when it works. But I am not getting my emails fast enough. I think it's yahoo's servers. I have had this email account for many years, but I think I might have to switch. I have a group of about 5 friends that have a open conversation over email every morning. It is becoming hard to participate because I am not getting my emails on time.
Is there any other free(or cheap) push email alternative to yahoo?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2