Energy Saver Setting in Mac

mcgrath_jm

Mar 3, 2017
Visit site
In previous versions of the Mac OS, I was able to schedule shutdowns and startups of the two iMacs in our house by going into the Energy Saver setting and simply setting the schedules.

Now with Mac OS Ventura, that valued option has disappeared. When I looked up how to do it in Ventura, the Apple website said to write some pm commands in Terminal.

This is way beyond my capability, and flies in the face of the simplicity and accessibility I have admired about Apple products. It also renders meaningless any commitments Apple has made to save energy, and makes a mockery of the corporation's much trumpeted environmental values. I cannot understand why Apple would make this change to the Mac OS.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
In previous versions of the Mac OS, I was able to schedule shutdowns and startups of the two iMacs in our house by going into the Energy Saver setting and simply setting the schedules.

Now with Mac OS Ventura, that valued option has disappeared. When I looked up how to do it in Ventura, the Apple website said to write some pm commands in Terminal.

This is way beyond my capability, and flies in the face of the simplicity and accessibility I have admired about Apple products. It also renders meaningless any commitments Apple has made to save energy, and makes a mockery of the corporation's much trumpeted environmental values. I cannot understand why Apple would make this change to the Mac OS.

My hypothesis is: The Settings app was rebuilt from scratch, and the feature was not used enough to be included in the first iteration of the app.

It’s all hypothetical.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I also noticed that option was missing and as others have stated, it looks like they completely rebuilt the settings app. Still taking me a while to get used to it, but it’s called progress.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR