Hello everyone, I have an android, but it's time to upgrade my gadget. I'm thinking of buying an iphone to try, since I haven't used one before. I want to know which gadget is safer to use different social networks?
    06-22-2022 04:13 AM
    The devices in and of themselves are fairly safe, but a user’s habits and permissions they provide apps and websites can greatly affect his or her safety, especially in regard to data.
    06-22-2022 08:49 AM
    I prefer Apple over Android because I value the safety of Apple’s App Store and the safety of iOS, iPadOS and all parts of what is commonly known as Apple’s walled garden. That said, as @Just_Me_D pointed out, it’s up to each user to be diligent about how they use their devices, what websites they go to, etc.
    Just_Me_D, aximtreo and FFR like this.
    06-22-2022 09:01 AM
    What device do you currently use?
    06-22-2022 11:37 AM
    This has been a subject of debate for as long as I can remember. I have used both operating systems and even was a loyal Blackberry user back in the day.

I for one have stuck with Apple because unlike Android, Apple is not an open source OS like Android is, which means they have total control over what changes are made to the operating system.

I also like Apple because they provide timely updates across all their devices including their desktop OS. I have never had any issues and as with the majority of the Apple users I know some it up when they say, it’s simple, reliable and just works.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-23-2022 05:58 PM
    Depends what you mean by “safe”. One big concern is the account being hacked/authentication of social networking site/app, they’re both safe for this (always practice user security “etiquette”).
    -If by safe you mean: if you install, for example, Facebook app and how much it will record your personal activity using your phone (recording your gps location, browsing history etc), iPhone is the crystal clear winner.
    If by safe you mean the potential for malware-spyware-a malicious app, again iPhone is the crystal clear winner.
    Imho Internet discussions tend to dance around this issue when clearly (crystal clearly) the iPhone is the choice for “safety” as, in part, noted in the two explanations above. While you’ll get argument from some (people understandably adamantly support their choice). iPhone wins this, period, that’s it. But there are a number f considerations for a user to make a phone choice. 1. Apple is substantially “safer” but Android isn’t inherently unsafe. 2. Android provides manufacturer choice across the low to high end models while with IOS your choice is exclusively Apple. 3. Android is open source so customization can be substantially wider, if that’s important to you.

All that is intended to say, no one platform/phone choice outright wins all the check box categories. There are identifiable advantages to both. With that said, here’s my recommendation I’ll give without a moment’s hesitation: buy an iPhone. If soon you need a tablet or smartwatch or wireless earphones, buy an iPad, AppleWatch or AirPods. The Apple ecosystem is the best personal electronics ecosystem ever made, by far, full stop.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-24-2022 02:02 AM
    Thank you so much for your answers!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-24-2022 07:13 AM