2022 WWDC Discussion Thread

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Who's going to be watching the WWDC live? I will be (as much as possible since I'm at work)! What are your thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like you, I’m working (albeit at home today) and I’m going to try to watch it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I like the new Lock Screen options as well as the new options in the Messages app. My favorite, thus far, is the updated dictation feature.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm very excited about that. I'm also happy about being able to edit sent messages, and even better, the "undo send" feature. It will be interesting to see how that works!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
iPadOS 16 will have lots of great features. I'm really looking forward to exploring the new Weather App and Weather kit.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I totally forgot to watch.
But from what I have seen, I’m very underwhelmed.

Along the same lines, the new iPhone release will probably be just as underwhelming. It doesn't seem like there will be any major upgrades other than maybe the cameras.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have watched it in diagonal. I will rewatch it over the next two hours.

A couple of things I've noted:
  • Waypoint support in Apple Maps :D
  • Lock Screen customization on my iPhone
  • My 2016 MacBook Pro is out of support (so, I'm going to have to upgrade to the M2 MacBook Air probably).

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Of the three I care about (iOS 16, watch OS 9, and iPad OS 16), iOS seems to be the most improved.

For iOS 16, there’s lots to like — changes/improvements to messaging (correct sent messages, unsend etc.), dictation (huge for those of us with accessibility issues), passkey (the future), and CarPlay, are all very exciting.

As I mentioned in the watch OS forum, OS9 is disappointing. I’ll probably use the med app (Annie), on the other hand I’m perfectly happy with MediSafe. I’ll probably try the improved sleep app, on the other hand I’m perfectly happy with AutoSleep. I won’t use any of the new watch faces. Does Apple not realize people want more faces with seconds?!? Even though I am a runner, I rather doubt I’ll use any of the new running metrics. Those are for competitive athletes, not me. The heart stuff is great and I see where it would be fantastic, I just don’t need it.

It seems to me that 95% of the iPad OS improvements are targeted to people using their iPad for work. Since I’m retired, none of that is useful to me. So, really nothing here except the Weather app (WooHoo). And speaking of apps mysteriously missing from iPad, still no calculator? Really?!?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Of the three I care about (iOS 16, watch OS 9, and iPad OS 16), iOS seems to be the most improved.

For iOS 16, there’s lots to like — changes/improvements to messaging (correct sent messages, unsend etc.), dictation (huge for those of us with accessibility issues), passkey (the future), and CarPlay, are all very exciting.

As I mentioned in the watch OS forum, OS9 is disappointing. I’ll probably use the med app (Annie), on the other hand I’m perfectly happy with MediSafe. I’ll probably try the improved sleep app, on the other hand I’m perfectly happy with AutoSleep. I won’t use any of the new watch faces. Does Apple not realize people want more faces with seconds?!? Even though I am a runner, I rather doubt I’ll use any of the new running metrics. Those are for competitive athletes, not me. The heart stuff is great and I see where it would be fantastic, I just don’t need it.

It seems to me that 95% of the iPad OS improvements are targeted to people using their iPad for work. Since I’m retired, none of that is useful to me. So, really nothing here except the Weather app (WooHoo). And speaking of apps mysteriously missing from iPad, still no calculator? Really?!?

I with you in regard to the iPad not having a calculator. That doesn’t make sense to me.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I missed it, the cellulitis in my right leg reared it’s ugly head again and the VA put me on antibiotics for the next 10 days.

But from what I have seen posted on some of the message forums I am on is IOS 16 looks to be greatly improved. Should be interesting what’s coming down the pike.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I missed it, the cellulitis in my right leg reared it’s ugly head again and the VA put me on antibiotics for the next 10 days.

But from what I have seen posted on some of the message forums I am on is IOS 16 looks to be greatly improved. Should be interesting what’s coming down the pike.

You can always watch it in its entirety on You Tube after the fact! Click here for a link!

Ron, feel better soon! I've had cellulitis before, and it's not fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal