Wow, really nothing new. No innovation that most people will use on a daily basis.
    Don’t get me wrong I like iPhones, but it’s just a 12 with a better camera which I probably won’t be able to tell the difference anyway with my untrained eye.

Ohh but here’s a surprise that they never did before,
    It’s the most advanced iPhone Apple has ever built.
    I really wasn’t expecting that.
    09-14-2021 02:22 PM
    New brighter display, new battery, new cpu, new gpu, new cameras, new color, more storage and bigger batteries.

Don’t really know what more you were expecting.
    09-14-2021 02:36 PM
    ProMotion. Pro. Motion. Finally, 120hz on iPhone.
    09-16-2021 07:38 PM
    Don’t really know what more you were expecting.
    The moon on a stick, apparently.

I think that this year is a decent upgrade personally, but some people are never satisfied.
    09-16-2021 10:44 PM
    I think that people expect crazy changes each year, visually. I kind of get it. Somebody at work asked me what device I was using. I told them the 13. He said stop lying. That’s a 12. And pulled his 12 out. He thought he busted me lol. I then showed him the differences.

Have you ever used an android device? It seems like android just kind of throws things together. Apple tests things, works on them with considerable OCD. Before releasing them. Makes sure every detail is perfect before releasing it out into their ecosystem. I’m okay with the 13 looking the same as the 12. As long as the upgrades are where it counts. IE: camera, battery, cpu, display etc etc.

There is only so much that can be done to a handheld device before things start being repeated or it is pointless to upgrade anymore. I think it’s smart slowly releasing changes. Besides, users wouldn’t be so grateful if they released everything all at once, compared to slowly.

I get it though. I’ve said the exact same thing multiple times.
    kataran likes this.
    10-04-2021 12:24 PM
    I bought mine for the 120 Htz display and Promotion

But also got a bigger battery better speakers and brightness, true Macro shots

I find it a big upgrade from my 11 Pro Max
    10-04-2021 02:21 PM
    Is it me or does it seem whenever Android has something new, it’s described as a cool feature and then a month or two later, the user ends up griping about how useless it is?

Yet, whenever Apple makes what it has better, it’s shunned as not being innovative. Yet, one or two features tend to cause Android users to buy an iPhone. To be fair, Android offerings have attracted some iPhone users.
    10-04-2021 03:13 PM
    Is it me or does it seem whenever Android has something new, it’s described as a cool feature and then a month or two later, the user ends up griping about how useless it is?

Yet, whenever Apple makes what it has better, it’s shunned as not being innovative. Yet, one or two features tend to cause Android users to buy an iPhone. To be fair, Android offerings have attracted some iPhone users.
    You mean like 1080p 120hz on the s20 that everyone switched off. Nope doesn’t happen .
    Speedygi likes this.
    10-04-2021 03:29 PM

It's not just you!
    aximtreo and Just_Me_D like this.
    10-04-2021 04:11 PM

I think, from a fanboy standpoint, it goes both ways. People are emotionally attached to products, thanks to marketing by large corporations, and feel a need to defend their choice. It leads to “X is perfect, Y is not”.
    It’s all just basically silly.
    10-04-2021 04:29 PM
    Yeah, me too
    10-12-2021 09:47 AM
    Yeah, me too
    Hello and welcome to iMore! When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!
    10-12-2021 11:21 AM
    I think, from a fanboy standpoint, it goes both ways. People are emotionally attached to products, thanks to marketing by large corporations, and feel a need to defend their choice. It leads to “X is perfect, Y is not”.
    It’s all just basically silly.
    ^^This^^ …and I understand the emotional attachment. These things are not cheap and, for some, can’t be taken for granted. As someone who spends WAY too much on mobile devices I can see how others might become a fan-person of this manufacturer or that one.
    Annie_M likes this.
    10-13-2021 11:52 AM

Yes like live translate , live caption and all that language stuff. Though still cool to have them on iPhone too…imo.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-28-2021 07:50 PM

Android is certainly more innovative, and whether the innovation is worth it or not is not worth arguing over.

Thing is, Apple literally says that each new iPhone is the best iPhone ever made, but they don’t do for their other products, where ironically the claim would be true in most cases. This has been Apple’s MO for the iPhone for over a decade. As an advertising campaign, it is long in the tooth and redundant.

Personally, I think it’s stupid to release a new model every year but logistically it is probably easier to do so.
    12-05-2021 08:14 AM