Today's Apple Event... who's watching? Thoughts???

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Definitely not upgrading my Watch 6. My wife was debating it before today because there were rumors it would have glucose monitoring but obviously that didn't happen. I DO however plan to upgrade my 11 Pro Max to a 13 Pro. I have a regular 11 from work as well and I think the slightly smaller size will be perfect. I always thought my Max was slightly too big, but after 2 years with the X I also thought the smaller 5.x inch phone was too small for me in the end. So looks like I'll be trading in my midnight green for the new blue color 13 Pro in the same 256GB storage option.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely keeping my Apple Watch Series 5. It will be upgraded next year.

Now, I'm not sure what to do with my iPhone 11 Pro. I might jump the ship and pay +/- 900$ for the 13 Pro (520$ trade-in value and GST/PST taken into account), still much less expensive than the 1300$ that 13 Pro goes for.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am disappointed that the iPads are still starting at 64gigs instead of 128- that seems like what they should start at. I don’t need 256 nor do I want to pay $150 more for it. At $500 for the mini- it should have the 128 IMO.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Overall lackluster. The Mini finally got a refresh, yay. The watch new screen, same internals as last year. The phone(s) mostly underwhelming, fewer colors for the 13 (so we can get a "new" color late in the cycle). The 13pro video demos showed how talented people in Hollywood are as most of us can't recreate all these "stunning shots" taken by Professionals. 13pro new screen, same RAM as the 12pro. Still have to use a tripod to attempt Astrophotography, when a Pixel can do it in your hand. Even ios15 has been a mixed bag of meh. Most of the features won't even make launch. This whole cycle makes the case that they need the teams back at Home Office to collaborate.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Overall lackluster. The Mini finally got a refresh, yay. The watch new screen, same internals as last year. The phone(s) mostly underwhelming, fewer colors for the 13 (so we can get a "new" color late in the cycle). The 13pro video demos showed how talented people in Hollywood are as most of us can't recreate all these "stunning shots" taken by Professionals. 13pro new screen, same RAM as the 12pro. Still have to use a tripod to attempt Astrophotography, when a Pixel can do it in your hand. Even ios15 has been a mixed bag of meh. Most of the features won't even make launch. This whole cycle makes the case that they need the teams back at Home Office to collaborate.

I agree completely! :D

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely keeping my Apple Watch Series 5. It will be upgraded next year.

Now, I'm not sure what to do with my iPhone 11 Pro. I might jump the ship and pay +/- 900$ for the 13 Pro (520$ trade-in value and GST/PST taken into account), still much less expensive than the 1300$ that 13 Pro goes for.

I decided to pass on the 13 Pro. Very simple reason: I have other more urgent expenses (taxes, and winter tires).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2