Do you feel like having multiple devices...

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Give you anxiety sometimes? I personally can't manage having multiple devices myself . I like just having one daily driver and focusing on using it . What about you ?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I use all my devices, depending on what I’m doing. Not inducing any anxiety

My biggest confusion is between my iPad and MacBook Pro, because both are computers to me. Except for taking written notes which I always do on my iPad, I simply always switch between the two.

This reply was written on my iPad.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Mac Mini for when I'm home editing photos.

MacBook Pro when I'm on site editing photos.

iPad for editing mobile photos.

iPhone for taking mobile photos and replying to forum threads (and the occasional phone call).

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I love having and switching between multiple devices. The only anxiety I have is in regard to the cost of the one I am planning on purchasing next!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I use my OnePlus as my daily driver still because the radios are better. Apple still restricts cellular for some reason. Though I always have the iPhone for the Apple Watch and other things. I mostly use my OnePlus for day to day and my iphone after work.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Samsung was my daily driver for about a year. But now with iPhone 12 Pro, I’m just now sticking with one device. I have sold my previous Samsung phones.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Give you anxiety sometimes? I personally can't manage having multiple devices myself . I like just having one daily driver and focusing on using it . What about you ?

Do you mean multiple “phones”? If so, I did that years ago. At the time, I was carrying a work-issued Nextel and my personal phone. I thought it was cool back then. I wouldn’t want to do it these days.

If you’re referring to devices, regardless of type then no, having them does not give me anxiety. Each one has its place. My iPhone gets the most use by far, followed by my iPad Pro and then my MacBook Pro.

In fact, I’m fighting the urge to go and buy the new M1 MacBook Air...;)

Last edited:

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I love having multiple devices - everything has it's use. My iPhone (work) and Pixel (personal) are usually close by and used daily. Macbook Pro is hooked up to a Thunderbolt Display and used as a desktop setup for work. iPad Air is used for general computing and the occasional game around the house or when traveling.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My cellular watch and phone are sort of a multiple devices but I realized a Mini would be nice for days like today - I'm planning an epic off road bike ride same time a vendor is doing data center tasks.

Overall the cellular watch and 12 Pro Max that replaced XS Max have been great.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have a iPhone 12 Pro as my Dalit driver and is integrated to my iMac 27 desktop. Keeps everything simple and straightforward.

I also switch to my Blackberry Key2 every now and then. I have said this many times that the integration between the iPhone and the Mac desktop is second to none and is valuable tool in keeping things organized.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
No. I gave up doing the multiple device thing just because, for me, it's pointless, it wastes money, and it costs too much. I only carry around a 512GB iPhone 12 Pro after having the 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, and Note 20 Ultra in my possession at the same time. I sold the rest.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
The OP is referring to phones.

What makes you think that ? it may be true,but there is nothing in the original post to indicate that !
I do remember a time when that was a thing, but that was so long ago that pagers were still in the mix. I also think of my iPad as a device !

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a personal phone and a work phone. I don’t like carrying two phones but it’s a must. I don’t have anxiety about it. Just have to keep up with them!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I find this interesting, no criticism intended but how do you handle the work phone/ personal phone thing ? does everybody only turn their personal phones on at break times ? I am sure most employers would prefer not to pay for time used on personal calls ! In fact I remember in the dim and distant that no personal calls were allowed during working hours in a lot of companies. I will certainly call anyone working for me to account if they are not doing what they are paid for, for longer than a couple of minutes !

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I find this interesting, no criticism intended but how do you handle the work phone/ personal phone thing ? does everybody only turn their personal phones on at break times ? I am sure most employers would prefer not to pay for time used on personal calls ! In fact I remember in the dim and distant that no personal calls were allowed during working hours in a lot of companies. I will certainly call anyone working for me to account if they are not doing what they are paid for, for longer than a couple of minutes !

Haha this is exactly why I don't like having issued a work phone. Then they can bother you any time of the day .

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Longer than a couple of minutes? I feel bad for anyone who works for you...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh