Hi everybody,

Hope this is ok and i am following rules of the forum but I thought I would share [redacted] on all the different settings to make your phone less addicting.

Would love to get feedback and see if i missed anything.

Cheers!

[redacted]
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 07-02-2020 at 05:03 PM.
    07-02-2020 04:22 PM
    Hi everybody,

Hope this is ok and i am following rules of the forum but I thought I would share [redacted] on all the different settings to make your phone less addicting.

Would love to get feedback and see if i missed anything.

Cheers!

[redacted]
    Good day to you. If you’d like to start a conversation here in the iMore Forums on how to make the smartphone less addicting then we welcome the chance to discuss it with you.

With that being said, I’m not sure it’s an addiction for everyone. I mean, many of us have welcomed the advancements that have allowed for us to get things done, stay in touch with family, friends, colleagues, clients as well as be entertained all via our phones.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 07-16-2020 at 07:52 PM.
    mumfoau and bakron1 like this.
    07-02-2020 05:09 PM
    I guess playing less games on my phone has made my day more productive. That's one tip I could give. Does that help?
    Annie_M likes this.
    07-16-2020 12:18 AM
    I consider myself to be a moderate to heavy user, especially during the COVID-19 shutdown and my subsequent furlough! My iPhone and iPad have been a godsend and I am not concerned about my usage!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2020 05:50 PM
    But I don’t want to use my iThings less !
    07-19-2020 10:10 AM
    But I don't want to stop drinking (using my iphone, watching TV, smoking, etc.).

OP, there is definitely an addiction to using smartphones, must like many other forms of aversion. That's why you see people using them while they're driving, walking down the street, out to dinner with friends, etc. I think it's good if we look for ways to back off a bit.
    07-19-2020 10:26 AM
    But I don’t want to use my iThings less !
    Darnnnn. You beat me to it
    Exactly. I love using my Apple products.
    07-19-2020 10:27 AM
    I feel I start using my iPhone less when I cut out on playing games on it and using social media.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-19-2020 11:47 AM
    Leave the iphone at home and use a cellular Apple watch. I still feel connected but am able to view the world.
    ksassy likes this.
    07-19-2020 04:46 PM
    Leave the iphone at home and use a cellular Apple watch. I still feel connected but am able to view the world.
    Ditto! My Apple Watch gives me the freedom of not being physically tied to my phone. It's the best Apple purchase I made 3 years go and now with the cellular version I have the option to totally leave my phone at home whenever I want to.
    etad putta likes this.
    07-19-2020 08:04 PM
    Ditto! My Apple Watch gives me the freedom of not being physically tied to my phone. It's the best Apple purchase I made 3 years go and now with the cellular version I have the option to totally leave my phone at home whenever I want to.
    This is probably the direction things are going.
    ksassy and etad putta like this.
    07-19-2020 09:23 PM