Dell Technologies Cyber Savings Event - Up to 45% off

Hi there,

I am wondering what others are doing/using related to cloud services on their apple devices.

Currently I have all apple products (iphone, ipad, apple watch and macbook pro). Using all these products would mean iCloud Drive and iCloud storage makes most sense.

I grew up with a Hotmail email and currently use Outlook.com as my personal email address, and as such the microsoft services integrate so well (outlook program, to do, onenote, and all 365 features).

Thats where my dilemma comes into play for me, I love apple products, but the microsoft services are very powerful, and universal across all devices (in case i ever choose to go with another platform for phone or computer). I love the connectivity between microsoft services, but since I use all Apple products, there are a lot of features apple offers that the 3rd party apps cant compete in.

What do you all do? What is a good solution here? Just so torn on what calendar I should use - outlook.com calendar, or my icloud (since apple devices are daily driver icloud makes sense, but since outlook is my main email that calendar makes sense too). Same situation for notes, and reminders too.

Its not a serious issue, but I am looking to just pick one platform and stick with it, currently I use the Office suite, and am forcing myself to use Microsoft services since it all integrates, but doesnt integrate into my apple devices the way the apple products do.

Any advice would be great! looking for what others do, and create a discussion!
    06-03-2020 12:10 PM
    Hi! I use both iCloud and Google Drive.
    joemd60 likes this.
    06-03-2020 12:30 PM
    To be honest , iCloud would work better on your iDevices I think .
    joemd60 likes this.
    06-03-2020 03:32 PM
    I have a lot of Apple products and use Microsoft services too so I use both iCloud and OneDrive. I couldn't pick just one since I use each of them for different things but it works for me. I tried abandoning Microsoft when I went all in on Apple but I couldn't completely give up my legacy with Microsoft. Guess you could I say I like have one foot in each world LOL!!
    06-04-2020 06:26 AM
    I'm also "all in" with Apple devices so I use iCloud exclusively.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-04-2020 06:42 AM
    I use both as well as a few others. iCloud is Apple’s Cloud storage solution so of course it will have an advantage with Apple products. Still, One Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox and others work really well and should be considered, in my opinion.
    06-04-2020 06:06 PM
    Hi there,

I am wondering what others are doing/using related to cloud services on their apple devices.

Currently I have all apple products (iphone, ipad, apple watch and macbook pro). Using all these products would mean iCloud Drive and iCloud storage makes most sense.

iCloud.

It’s a no brainer.
    06-05-2020 03:23 AM
    iCloud.

It’s a no brainer.

Haha simple I like it!

Microsoft Services though are more powerful...the integration between my outlook email and to do is good, and onedrive is a more powerful cloud storage with options for sharing links and the website is much more functional.

That’s why I’m torn really. iCloud makes most sense, but I do like the power of the Microsoft apps and the features they offer , but Apple integrates their options so well together.
    06-05-2020 07:27 AM
    the website is much more functional.
    I have a 200GB of iCloud Drive and ITB of OneDrive. Except "Documents" and Music and Photos (in "Desktop") of iCloud Drive, I moved everything else to OneDrive (it's free - kind of - due to subscription of Office 365) mostly for the reason of the web display. M$ OneDrive has a list option to display files while iCloud is always icon only, which is not usually too convenient for portable devices.
    06-05-2020 11:32 AM
    I also use OneDrive and iCloud and find them both to be useful
    06-05-2020 01:19 PM
    I only use iCloud as my main cloud storage service.
    I do have the other apps, too, but use them only occasionally for unimportant stuf.
    06-06-2020 09:42 AM
    I have a 200GB of iCloud Drive and ITB of OneDrive. Except "Documents" and Music and Photos (in "Desktop") of iCloud Drive, I moved everything else to OneDrive (it's free - kind of - due to subscription of Office 365) mostly for the reason of the web display. M$ OneDrive has a list op snaptube word to pdf vidmate tion to display files while iCloud is always icon only, which is not usually too convenient for portable devices.
    Thats where my dilemma comes into play for me, I love apple products, but the microsoft services are very powerful, and universal across all devices (in case i ever choose to go with another platform for phone or computer). I love the connectivity between microsoft services, but since I use all Apple products, there are a lot of features apple offers that the 3rd party apps cant compete in.
    Last edited by moloyadisa; 07-06-2020 at 06:07 AM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-05-2020 03:50 PM