Apple care plus question

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I didn’t know where to put this topic under. what are your thoughts on apple care plus? Do you have it or don’t have it. I have it for my iPhone 11 which is my daily driver. I bought a iPad mini couple a months ago and have three days left to get AppleCare. I feel like my iPhone is more valuable then the iPad but again I don’t want Drop it or anything. should I do it?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The only thing I have Apple Care+ for is my AirPods Pro. I regret not getting it on my Watch, because I feel that is my most vulnerable device. Whether or not I’ll get it on a future iPhone is undecided. I don’t think I would get it on my iPad because that rarely leaves the house,

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have it on my phone and my watch. I just used it to replace my watch. For my kids I added theft/loss to their phones. We all have iPads and they’re the only thing we don’t have it on. They just don’t leave the house often and mine pretty much stays in one spot.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Every device I've had or will get in the future will have it. For me, it's peace of mind.

My Apple Watch (s3 LTE) had 3 months of coverage left. I cracked the screen. I started a chat session via the Apple Support app, snapped a few photos and inserted into the chat, and mt replacement watch was on the way. Doesn't get much easier than that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn’t know where to put this topic under. what are your thoughts on apple care plus? Do you have it or don’t have it. I have it for my iPhone 11 which is my daily driver. I bought a iPad mini couple a months ago and have three days left to get AppleCare. I feel like my iPhone is more valuable then the iPad but again I don’t want Drop it or anything. should I do it?

For devices as expensive as Apple’s (iPhone, iPad, Mac/MacBook), it only makes sense, in my opinion, to purchase Apple Care Plus protection for them. Accidents happen so if you’re going to invest a grand on a device, you might as well get the protection, just in case.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have AppleCare plus on my iPhone, AirPods and Apple Watch. I prefer not worrying about possible accidents.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I just pay it monthly for my iPhone through my monthly subscriptions. I figure if I break my device to the point it needs to be replaced, in, let's say, 7 months, then I've paid $70 of AC+ and then $99 for the replacement. So $170 to replace an iPhone that I broke under Apple's insurance isn't bad to me.

I know I'm eventually going to remove the Apple Care Plus anyway and I feel better about using my phone without a case. It has taken some good tumbles since I've gotten it and it's been fine.

justCJ

May 8, 2020
Visit site
I just pay it monthly for my iPhone through my monthly subscriptions. I figure if I break my device to the point it needs to be replaced, in, let's say, 7 months, then I've paid $70 of AC+ and then $99 for the replacement. So $170 to replace an iPhone that I broke under Apple's insurance isn't bad to me.

I know I'm eventually going to remove the Apple Care Plus anyway and I feel better about using my phone without a case. It has taken some good tumbles since I've gotten it and it's been fine.

Where’s the monthly payment option though? I’m proceeding with my order until the point that I have to add my credit card, but i don’t have any option for monthly payments. It just tells me the full price at the top of the page.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Where’s the monthly payment option though? I’m proceeding with my order until the point that I have to add my credit card, but i don’t have any option for monthly payments. It just tells me the full price at the top of the page.

On your device go to Settings - General - About and you'll see the warranty options there. Once you get into adding Apple Care Plus it should give you the option to pay the full amount for 2 years or monthly. Depending on the type you get.

justCJ

May 8, 2020
Visit site
On your device go to Settings - General - About and you'll see the warranty options there. Once you get into adding Apple Care Plus it should give you the option to pay the full amount for 2 years or monthly. Depending on the type you get.

Then I guess it’s US only, cause I can just click buy at the end without any monthly option before that.
Thanks!

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I use to always pass on Apple Care/insurance type options. I was generally handy enough to buy parts and do my own repairs. But with our tech products becoming harder to self-service due to their design, laminated displays, water proofing, liberal use of adhesives etc, it's just become easier to pay a little extra to save the time, frustration and inevitable screw ups along the way, to have someone else fix it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use to always pass on Apple Care/insurance type options. I was generally handy enough to buy parts and do my own repairs. But with our tech products becoming harder to self-service due to their design, laminated displays, water proofing, liberal use of adhesives etc, it's just become easier to pay a little extra to save the time, frustration and inevitable screw ups along the way, to have someone else fix it.

I agree wholeheartedly, sir...;)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Personally I never buy these types of warranties on anything less than a car. They are a way for manufacturers to make more money off people and I have rarely, if ever, had a time when I have needed one. I have saved tons of money this way and would just pay for a repair out of pocket if necessary.

That being said, we are all different. For instance, if you buy devices for several kids, who may not be as careful as you, it may be a good option. Look at your devices, lifestyle, and determine if your chances of ever using it outweigh the cost.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I would op.
Apple care plus for iPads is a no-brainer.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought AppleCare+ when I bought my XS, I can’t say I liked doing it because I’ve never broken a phone or pad. But I’d be seriously annoyed to have to pay a monster repair bill in the first two years of a phone’s life ! I don’t really think the cheaper devices (iPads) are worth insuring because as I don’t take them anywhere I’m less likely to damage them.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I used to purchase AppleCare+ with every Apple device I purchased, until it became bundled in my Protection 360 with T-Mobile. I made the mistake of not buying it for my S4 almost two years ago, that I’m hoping it make up I upgrade without having any issues. I like having peace of mind in case something breaks since I also have 2 kids under 10.

Last edited: