Any new purchases in the near future?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
With all that's going on in the world right now, are any of you considering a purchase anytime soon?

I'll be ordering new AirPod Pro's in April. (awaiting bonus from work)

I'd love to have a new iPad Pro (LTE model), but that's more a want and not a need. I need a new pair of AirPods as the ones I have now (original) are only lasting me about an hour of use before having to be recharged.

My 2016 MacBook Pro and 2018 Mac Mini are both still working just fine, as are my iPhone 11 Pro Max and Apple Watch series 3 LTE. All my Apple TV's (4th edition) are also just fine.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Other than a new Magic TrackPad 2, I doubt it. I’m more interested in what iOS 14 will bring....:)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I will probably get some thing when the stimulus check comes. Maybe a 12 inch iPad

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn’t really say planning on it, but a new iPad would be great. Maybe even a cellular one. My Air 2 is reaching the end of its lifespan.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
We where going to upgrade my twin brothers iPhone 7 until they shut down things here in Michigan. Once the order is lifted, that will become reality.

Other then the phone upgrade, I might pickup a Magic Trackpad and have one of my 27” iMacs fusion drives upgraded to a SSD. Other then that, I am just waiting to see what OS14 will bring to the table.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a used LG V50 as backup for my 11 Pro Max. Looking forward to learning a bit about LG since the new LG V60 looks like a winner.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The Magic Keyboard for my iPad Pro and that’s about it. At this point in time I don’t care about any new iPhone coming out anytime soon. I’ve been giving a haircut on my bills and finances since January anyway.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes and no.

I'm a IT director so to some extent make constant purchases.

One of my kid's has a 7 Plus with flaky lightning port. That could mean hand my XS Max down but I'd rather wait for next flagship phone if possible.

My beloved 12" MacBook is aging. That makes a 4 core Air look attractive. For that I believe I can get the flaky keys fixed post-warranty so might do that.

At times an iPad with better than an Apple bluetooth keyboard might be nice but my 5th gen is fine. I can't stomach the expensive iPads because I need a general purpose computer for my work.

Thus, any near term buys will be with some reluctance or maybe more accurately not with new product excitement. Still, iPad Air update looks super to me in quad core and 16 GB RAM version.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My 2020 iPad Pro is on the way but my phone is hanging on by a thread so I’m hoping it lasts until the next iPhone is released 🤞🏼

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nothing new as far as Tech is concerned in the near future, but I might be starting a new hobby in the form of Slot Car Racing shortly. I currently have a Darts hobby, but I'm not as active as I once was. I need something new and exciting. I think 10+ years in the Tech world as a Hobby has been plenty. I will probably upgrade my Tech when I absolutely need to.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
With the country situation as it is I’m glad I bought my 11 Pro Max when I did and happy to have a powerful device at this sad time we are all experiencing.

No new tech for me this year but you can never say never

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought a new MacBook Air about 2 months ago. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and a 10.5” iPad Pro. I spent a ton on tech for me and the kids over the last year. I have a couple homepods and my Apple TV and a new printer. All my needs are met. I’m glad that’s the case. Especially in this time. Stay well everyone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2