iPhone 7 Plus — can make calls, but neither party can hear the other. Why?

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
My son is having issues with his iPhone 7 Plus. He can make calls but he cant hear the caller and the caller cant hear him as well. Anyone experienced similar issues like that before?

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My son is having issues with his iPhone 7 Plus. He can make calls but he cant hear the caller and the caller cant hear him as well. Anyone experienced similar issues like that before?

This has happened to me before. Do a hard reset on the phone (hold power button+volume down button) at the same time till phone goes black. Give it a sec and then hold power button down if  logo doesn’t show up.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Is the device connected to a nearby Bluetooth headset or Bluetooth devices?

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I don’t believe so. Bluetooth is turned off. He’s not home right now so I’ll double check when he returns

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so he’s out of the house, told him to turn off Bluetooth and call me and still nothing

To be sure to cover all bases, have him contact his wireless provider to troubleshoot from its end, just in case. Secondly, I’d select the “reset Network Settings” option in the iPhone’s settings, if you haven’t already. If that doesn’t help, I’d select the “reset all settings” option, and if that doesn’t help, start from scratch. Put the device in recovery, connect it to your computer, have iTunes or Finder install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version and then set it up as a new device.

If that doesn’t solve the problem then it’s tome to reach out to Apple Support.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Just did a network reset. But it’s weird that this screen shows the following:
WIFI shows off buts it’s actually turned.
50beda03daf82c1384c5adf11f75f170.plist

eb8e0d4b8cd72ff6d6a5c5fa9d3a393b.plist

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2