It seems like every time I turn around “Apple Expert” Ming-Chi Kuo is releasing a new rumor. He’s nearly right 100% of the time from what I can tell. I am beginning to believe he either isn’t real or Apple intentionally leaks info to this guy. Or maybe I just like conspiracies? What do you think...is it an inside job and Apple is using him to intentionally spark interest?
    12-11-2019 08:42 PM
    It is intriguing! Maybe he is a professional leaker for Apple.
    Evilguppy and Al Paca like this.
    12-11-2019 08:47 PM
    He has lots of friends along Apple’s supply chain. That’s how he gets his info.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-11-2019 09:31 PM
    He has lots of friends along Apple’s supply chain. That’s how he gets his info.
    Makes sense, but as “careful” as Apple is could it be that simple. Lots of people have friends inside Apple, no?
    12-11-2019 10:32 PM
    Makes sense, but as “careful” as Apple is could it be that simple. Lots of people have friends inside Apple, no?
    The majority of Apple’s supply chain is made up of third party suppliers. The vast majority of them are Asian.
    It’s not Apple, it’s the companies that Apple does business with.
    12-11-2019 10:44 PM
    There are leakers in all industries and my opinion it became a trend in the Auto industry a 100 years ago
    12-12-2019 03:22 AM
    There are leakers in all industries and my opinion it became a trend in the Auto industry a 100 years ago
    100%
    I don’t think Apple is an exception to that. Certain things are leaked for marketing purposes and others are leaked unintentionally. In the case of Ming-Chi Kuo, he doesn’t rely on leaks as much as he does supply chain data from Apple’s Asian suppliers. He’s incredibly accurate but definitely not right 100% of the time. Think about it. It’s not certain that Apple even knows everything about next year’s iPhones, and there have been stories of Apple making late cycle changes in production in years past. Nearly anything you read about next year’s models is nothing more than an educated guess at this point in time.
    kataran and Just_Me_D like this.
    12-12-2019 06:18 AM
    100%
    I don’t think Apple is an exception to that. Certain things are leaked for marketing purposes and others are leaked unintentionally. In the case of Ming-Chi Kuo, he doesn’t rely on leaks as much as he does supply chain data from Apple’s Asian suppliers. He’s incredibly accurate but definitely not right 100% of the time. Think about it. It’s not certain that Apple even knows everything about next year’s iPhones, and there have been stories of Apple making late cycle changes in production in years past. Nearly anything you read about next year’s models is nothing more than an educated guess at this point in time.
    Especially when unforeseen problems arise internally and/or externally....
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-12-2019 06:28 AM
    Very true and I always take any Apple leaks with a grain of salt. They are a very tight lipped company and they take any unauthorized hardware or software leaks seriously. As a business person myself, I can relate to that a 100%.
    Annie_8plus, Just_Me_D and kataran like this.
    12-12-2019 11:40 AM
    He’s part of Apple Elite Special Operatives of Leakers. Prove me wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    12-12-2019 06:40 PM
    He’s part of Apple Elite Special Operatives of Leakers. Prove me wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Shhhhhhh we’re not supposed to talk about ESOL. People have disappeared for saying too much!
    Annie_8plus and kataran like this.
    12-12-2019 08:19 PM
    Shhhhhhh we’re not supposed to talk about ESOL. People have disappeared for saying too much!
    The first rule of ESOL is you do not talk about ESOL. Oops!!
    Rob Phillips and Annie_8plus like this.
    12-13-2019 06:57 AM
    LOL You guys are too much! LOL
    Annie_8plus and Rob Phillips like this.
    12-13-2019 08:53 AM
    Al and Rob, I'm going to need you two to stop by my office before you leave today. We've had a couple "developments" come up. Just leave everything on your desks and offices. No need to take anything with you.

Thanks.

12-13-2019 11:48 AM
    Somebody's gotta do it! If not Ming-Chi Kuo, then who?
    12-13-2019 12:20 PM
    Is it just me, but Ming-Chi Kuo sounds like an Asian politician's name.
    12-13-2019 01:15 PM
    Al and Rob, I'm going to need you two to stop by my office before you leave today. We've had a couple "developments" come up. Just leave everything on your desks and offices. No need to take anything with you.

Thanks.

Annie_8plus likes this.
    12-13-2019 02:30 PM
    “Hey Siri, which way to Lee_Bo’s office?”
    Ming-Chi Kuo Conspiracy-run-forrest-run-quote-1.jpg
    Al Paca and Annie_8plus like this.
    12-13-2019 02:40 PM
    When I worked in sales , I was always taught: “create a desire” in potential customers. So, for Apple to hire professional leakers would absolutely not surprise me in the least. Why fight leaks when you can control them and use them to your own advantage?
    Apple knows this, that’s why they’ve hired all the people who managed to hack their products instead of just pressing charges.
    Hiring leakers is a good way of controlling what you want the public to know about your upcoming release, IMO.
    12-14-2019 10:12 AM
    Is it just me, ....
    I had nothing to do with it...
    Al Paca likes this.
    12-14-2019 10:32 AM
    When I worked in sales , I was always taught: “create a desire” in potential customers. So, for Apple to hire professional leakers would absolutely not surprise me in the least. Why fight leaks when you can control them and use them to your own advantage?
    Apple knows this, that’s why they’ve hired all the people who managed to hack their products instead of just pressing charges.
    Hiring leakers is a good way of controlling what you want the public to know about your upcoming release, IMO.
    Agreed, and I would add that leaks are used to gauge early reactions to certain new features or enhancement. If the reaction is overwhelmingly negative, it provides them the time to make corrections.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-14-2019 10:43 AM
    Agreed, and I would add that leaks are used to gauge early reactions to certain new features or enhancement. If the reaction is overwhelmingly negative, it provides them the time to make corrections.
    The leaks are becoming incredibly more frequent though. The ESOL members should be checked out. There is help for frequent leaking.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-14-2019 11:01 AM
    Thank goodness too. I think it’s smart of them to do so.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-14-2019 11:02 AM
    Thank goodness too. I think it’s smart of them to do so.
    It’s sort of a double-edged sword. I mean, I understand the pros and cons of leaking, but in regard to the iPhone, I would prefer Apple not to leak images of an upcoming model. I can deal with the leaking of specs. I hope that made sense.
    12-14-2019 11:19 AM
    It’s sort of a double-edged sword. I mean, I understand the pros and cons of leaking, but in regard to the iPhone, I would prefer Apple not to leak images of an upcoming model. I can deal with the leaking of specs. I hope that made sense.
    Why do you not like the model leaks?
    12-14-2019 11:20 AM
39 12