Home iMore Q&A > General Apple News & Discussion

What does this symbol mean?

Asked: Oct 25 2019 | 1:33 pm EDT 2303 Views 10 Answers View Best Answer

Have a new iPhone 11 Pro Max. In the top left corner I can see the signal strength meter. Next to that is a "P" in a box, then my carrier name, and wifi symbol if active. Below that is another signal strength meter with a "S" in a box, and next to that it says "No Carrier".

What does that second line mean?

Best Answer

Oct 25 2019 | 2:34 pm EDT FFR

Have a new iPhone 11 Pro Max. In the top left corner I can see the signal strength meter. Next to that is a "P" in a box, then my carrier name, and wifi symbol if active. Below that is another signal strength meter with a "S" in a box, and next to that it says "No Carrier".

P means primary
S means secondary.

Your iPhone is a dual sim phone consisting of a physical
Sim and an esim.

Hope that helps.

More Answers

Oct 25 2019 | 2:15 pm EDT Annie_M

Or, if you can post a screenshot we might be able to help you figure it out!
Oct 25 2019 | 2:30 pm EDT Lee_Bo

Top left? Top left should show clock and gps. Top right should show signal and battery.

Just want to make sure we’re on the same page.
Oct 25 2019 | 2:33 pm EDT Paul S83

Top left? Top left should show clock and gps. Top right should show signal and battery.

Just want to make sure we’re on the same page.
Yes, but if you swipe down for the control panel (I should have indicated this), you get what I described in lieu of the clock and gps.
Oct 25 2019 | 2:38 pm EDT FFR

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot top half.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	127309
Look up for an answer.
Oct 25 2019 | 2:41 pm EDT Paul S83

Look up for an answer.
Yes, I saw it, but don't know what it does. Thanks.
Oct 25 2019 | 2:43 pm EDT FFR

Yes, I saw it, but don't know what it does. Thanks.
Won’t do anything unless you want to use a second SIM card, a second line.

Network operators provision your phone number to a physical or electronic SIM card.