Pocket Dial Misadventures...( Which you are willing to admit to.....)

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
With the current flashlight-activation thread in mind....

I have absolutely NO IDEA what happened on a step by step basis , but let me add this..
Our dog has a pocket fetish - normally enthusiastically shoving her nose into any pocket, any pants, with her range, normally targeting tissues or anything remotely edible. Last week, one morning before breakfast time, she was 'pocket diving' , and I heard the tell tale sounds of FaceTime dialling. I got the phone out, & 'joined her call' to a friend in NYC ( thank God it wasn't to the West Coast USA or Canada where it would have been around 3AM...). Later same day, it happened again, this time going unanswered, to Toronto. A look at my call log also showed a call which was unanswered to Ottawa... The chap in Toronto returned the call the following day...... So ‘Murphy’s Law’ & a cold wet doggy nose, vigorously probing, CAN wreak havoc.

Wasn’t even a recent use of FaceTime which could have been ‘dormant’ in the background , as my first choice is to FaceTime from my iMac , second being my iPad ....(???)
bfc428cc45122f9d07afe9f47561a0bb.jpg

The 'Nose in question'.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That is hilarious! I am a notorious pocket dialer in my family! Luckily, I was never talking about someone when I pocket dialed them! :D

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Your dog is insanely cute
My dog doesn’t dial, but she likes to slam her paw on my iPad screen and she has sent some very weird iMessages while I was trying to fend her off
I really need to keep her off my iPad because she keeps growing and growing and growing... Adjustments.JPG

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
BOO does the 'iPad thing' whenever my wife uses her iPad & she's close by. She did something bad with her paw & 'Candy Crush' - I never heard the details

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully that would take too many presses in the right order but then again, FaceTime from a 'dormant phone in a pocket' seems logically totally impossible too!! Your pooches head looks too large to fit in a pocket, but 'watch your purse' . 'Majestic' is a good word to describe her though. What is her breed or breed combo? - Boo is somewhat Doberman, somewhat Mastiff, some small 'in your face type' terrier as well as probably'whatever jumped the fence '. We have a phrase here in the Caribbean ( usually for children, Teens especially, who have 'selective deafness' to correction or discipline and it fits Boo to a tee - they phrase is "Hard Ears".

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully that would take too many presses in the right order but then again, FaceTime from a 'dormant phone in a pocket' seems logically totally impossible too!! Your pooches head looks too large to fit in a pocket, but 'watch your purse' . 'Majestic' is a good word to describe her though. What is her breed or breed combo? - Boo is somewhat Doberman, somewhat Mastiff, some small 'in your face type' terrier as well as probably'whatever jumped the fence '. We have a phrase here in the Caribbean ( usually for children, Teens especially, who have 'selective deafness' to correction or discipline and it fits Boo to a tee - they phrase is "Hard Ears".

She is a Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff).
Still only 13 months old, her breed grows until about 3 years old. Currently she’s about 80 lbs, and she won’t start filling out until 18 months old, we are literally in that gangly stage, she’s all lean and limbs and her neck and head haven’t even started to adjust yet.

And yes, omg, selective hearing is it
She is also constantly trying to rearrange the pack order and her energy is currently from zero to Mach 2 in under 2 seconds.
But: she is scary smart and a super fast learner.
She went through all the basic obedience and agility training, moved onto tasks (she’s a PTSD service dog, medical alert and response for tachycardia) and then started personal protection work and she excels at all of it, she loves training.
Fully grown, she will look like a giant pitbull.
But her temperament is super gentle and kind, she’s a wonderful working dog.

IMG_5118.JPG

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Also her head is big but she has no problem extracting a hoof hidden inside a pair of socks for play or retrieving my medication from either my jacket or my pants

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Pitbulls are unique of themselves and generally wonderful loving dogs .... I maintain, many, if not most 'pitbull problems' have roots as 'people problems' - check your PMs when you have a chance.... i have seen , but not often , ‘Cane Corso pups in the local newspaper and feel they need knowledgable, experienced owners. I’m sure though if your puppy plays ‘Candy Crush’ as our Boo tries with my wife’s iPad , it would be ‘Candy CRUSHED ‘

Last edited:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree, pitbulls are very sweet dogs by nature, it takes abuse and neglect to temper with them. I used to have a wonderful pitbull, he was a traumatized rescue and highly reactive but with me he was always kindness personified, super gentle goofy and loving.
And he’s actually the reason I got a Cane Corso after he died: I still can’t look at a pitbull without bawling my eyes out.
He did feature in many photos I took with various Apple devices, he was my favorite subject by far.
And he could pickup my iPhone in his jaws to bring it to me, he never damaged it.
That’s when I started believing in Apple’s claims that their phones are now water resistant:
The super pitbull drool did not affect it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro