Am I the only one still using a 5w charger for my iPhone 11 Pro Max?

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
I'm I the only one still using a 5w charging brick for my 11 pro max? I do not like fast charging my phone at all. Even now how the battery lasts so long, I don't need to fast charge.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: I'm I the only one still using a 5w charger for my 11 pro max

I'm I the only one still using a 5w charging brick for my 11 pro max? I do not like fast charging my phone at all. Even now how the battery lasts so long, I don't need to fast charge.

Nope. I use mine for overnight charging every night on my Twelve South Charging Stand.

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site

I used the charging brick that came with the pro max and my phone was getting warm so I never used that brick anymore. I don't even use wireless charging with my phone

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I used the charging brick that came with the pro max and my phone was getting warm so I never used that brick anymore. I don't even use wireless charging with my phone
I wouldn’t obsess over it. Whether 5W or 18W from Apple, you’re fine.

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site

Apple isn't perfect for the first time fast charger in the box. I will go with my gut feeling and use the 5w

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

What is there “not to like” about fast charging your phone? How could one possibly not like that? I can see being indifferent to it but to not like it?

Yes, I use my fast charger. I had one prior to the 11 Pro that I used for my X. Now I’ve got two and I use them whenever available. But I don’t avoid the 5W one if that’s all I’ve got around.

Instamixes

Sep 13, 2019
Visit site

I am using a 5w charger for my iPhone X. It works perfectly fine, the battery stays all day long. I'm very happy with my iPhone X.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Using my wireless charger as well. Yet to pull the new 18 watt, out of the box.

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site

I don't ever purchase apple care so I have to be careful in what i use to charge my phone

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

I still use the 5W charger that I’ve always used. I don’t need fast charging because I put my phone on the charger overnight while I sleep.

FYI: My phone right now has 85% battery left and it’s been off the charger for over 13 hours! I am very pleased with my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site

What is there “not to like” about fast charging your phone? How could one possibly not like that? I can see being indifferent to it but to not like it?

Yes, I use my fast charger. I had one prior to the 11 Pro that I used for my X. Now I’ve got two and I use them whenever available. But I don’t avoid the 5W one if that’s all I’ve got around.

I agree. After years of complaints about the lack of a fast charger in the box or fast charging abilities, this is confusing (obviously the majority of iPhone users will be happy with the fast charger).

How does fast charging have any cons?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m one of those people who primarily uses the 5W charging block to charge my iPhone because I typically charge it overnight. I have used the iPad charger and a couple of wireless chargers and they all worked well.

Because the battery life for me generally last all day and I have plenty of batter life left even when I go to bed, a fast charger isn’t necessary - ‘for me’.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with people using fast chargers and if you have a need for it, use it. Period.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I’m one of those people who primarily uses the 5W charging block to charge my iPhone because I typically charge it overnight. I have used the iPad charger and a couple of wireless chargers and they all worked well.

Because the battery life for me generally last all day and I have plenty of batter life left even when I go to bed, a fast charger isn’t necessary - ‘for me’.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with people using fast chargers and if you have a need for it, use it. Period.

I agree. I was excited to hear the new Pro Max cane with the fast charging block, however, the battery lasts so long that I have only used the fast charger once since I got my phone on release day.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I was excited to hear the new Pro Max cane with the fast charging block, however, the battery lasts so long that I have only used the fast charger once since I got my phone on release day.

I’ve yet to use it and it is still in the box that my iPhone 11 Pro Max came in along with the earbuds.

The charging cable and brick I was previously using are still in mint condition so I’m going to keep using them until they no longer works....

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Still using 5 W charger and the one that came in the box is still in the box. I'm not in a hurry when it comes to chargin . I never charge over night anymore, I charge my phone when it's necessary and rarely to 100%. I had my XS max for a year and battery health is 99% whit this type of chargin

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I think people put way too much thought into charging a damn phone. Plug it in or place it on a charger. If the phone is defective replace it.

I use the charger that came with my promax. No issues. I just enjoy the phone. I don’t stress over charging details.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative