I know that when I see a subject like this, I immediately grow suspicious that the OP is a crook or not on the up and up. I can assure you, that this is not the case for this situation.

Background: my cousin, who is not AT ALL technologically inclined, had an iPhone about 5 or 6 years ago. Then she switched to a Samsung Android and then most recently, to a Pixel.

For a variety of reasons, she has decided to come back to an iPhone. She's full of confusion and questions, and I'm trying to help her figure all of this out.

I have two questions:

1. Since she cannot remember her Apple ID or security questions, and since it's been well over 5 years, is it ok for her to set up another Apple ID and security questions?
    2. She is using the same phone number that she had when she had her last iPhone. Will that be an issue?
    09-18-2019 11:21 AM
    I know that when I see a subject like this, I immediately grow suspicious that the OP is a crook or not on the up and up. I can assure you, that this is not the case for this situation.

Background: my cousin, who is not AT ALL technologically inclined, had an iPhone about 5 or 6 years ago. Then she switched to a Samsung Android and then most recently, to a Pixel.

For a variety of reasons, she has decided to come back to an iPhone. She's full of confusion and questions, and I'm trying to help her figure all of this out.

I have two questions:

1. Since she cannot remember her Apple ID or security questions, and since it's been well over 5 years, is it ok for her to set up another Apple ID and security questions?
    2. She is using the same phone number that she had when she had her last iPhone. Will that be an issue?
    Yes, all she would have to do is setup a completely new email address and a new password. She can use outlook, gmail or yahoo for example. The security questions will be asked again and she can choose and input the answers. Her phone number will not affect the new process and she will be good to go!
    Annie_8plus and dmoskaluk like this.
    09-18-2019 01:39 PM
    I have two questions:

1. Yes
    2. No

Oh, and tell your cousin to give the device back to whoever they stole it from.

Oh, sorry. That was just my automatic reply to the topic thread. :-)
    09-18-2019 01:56 PM
    09-18-2019 02:00 PM
    Yes, all she would have to do is setup a completely new email address and a new password. She can use outlook, gmail or yahoo for example. The security questions will be asked again and she can choose and input the answers. Her phone number will not affect the new process and she will be good to go!
    Thank you!!!!
    Seneca09 likes this.
    09-18-2019 02:20 PM
    She didn't have any music or movies that she bought on the other account? That would be the only downside to setting up a new account.
    09-18-2019 03:27 PM
    She didn't have any music or movies that she bought on the other account? That would be the only downside to setting up a new account.
    I have over 100 movies in my collection.
    09-19-2019 05:58 AM
    I have over 100 movies in my collection.
    Not as many movies, but a fair amount of cash in music for me.
    09-19-2019 07:31 AM
    I highly doubt it, but I'll double check with her! Thanks for the tip!
    09-19-2019 08:02 AM