Advantages of iOS Over Android (if any!)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Depending on your wants, needs and expectations, iOS could have advantages over Android and vice versa.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
If you do an internet search you’ll probably find 30,000 articles about this subject.
It is highly subjective and depends on what you are looking for in a smartphone. I would visit both iMore and Android Central to learn as much as you can and come to your own conclusion.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. As said in the previous posts, it depends on what you're looking for in a smartphone. Enjoy and feel free to join in on the many discussions on iMore.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
You may want to find people you know who like one or the other and ask them to show you the differences. Try YouTube too.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
To me personally the only advantage I see to iOS is the consistency of updates. That said others could argue it’s easy to have consistent OS upgrades when there’s only one manufacturer and they’d rather have the choice between Samsung, Google, OnePlus, LG, and so on. All goes back to subjectivity and personal preference like most are saying.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Does iOS have any advantages or otherwise over Android in smartphone?

This is the general perception, having visited both AC and iMore:

Advantages of iOS:

-Slightly more secure
-4/5 year update support instead of 3
-Slightly easier to use (depending on which Android skin you’re comparing it to)

Advantages of Android:

-Much more customisable + more choice
-Many phones to choose from
-Generally Android phones have better value/cheaper

But at the end of the day, it’s up to you and what you want or need.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
This is the general perception, having visited both AC and iMore:

Advantages of iOS:

-Slightly more secure
-4/5 year update support instead of 3
-Slightly easier to use (depending on which Android skin you’re comparing it to)

Advantages of Android:

-Much more customisable + more choice
-Many phones to choose from
-Generally Android phones have better value/cheaper

But at the end of the day, it’s up to you and what you want or need.

Funny how when you list advantages of IOS, you throw in things like (instead of 3) or (depending on which skin).
But not when talking about Android.

- Much more customizable + choice
true, but in my opinion the more customizable, the more buggy.

- Many phones to choose from.
Also true, but forgot to mention from different manufacturers, software tends to run different on
devices, versing Apple makes software and phones. In my opinion makes a better fit.

- Generally Android phones have better value/cheaper (opinion)
For me if you give me a choice between any Android or iPhone,
Im walking away with an iPhone.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Funny how when you list advantages of IOS, you throw in things like (instead of 3) or (depending on which skin).
But not when talking about Android.

- Much more customizable + choice
true, but in my opinion the more customizable, the more buggy.

- Many phones to choose from.
Also true, but forgot to mention from different manufacturers, software tends to run different on
devices, versing Apple makes software and phones. In my opinion makes a better fit.

- Generally Android phones have better value/cheaper (opinion)
For me if you give me a choice between any Android or iPhone,
Im walking away with an iPhone.

I’m just listing the general opinion. Android isn’t buggy at all though. You might prefer Apple, but I’m listing the facts here, not opinions...though at the end of the day, it’s his choice.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m just listing the general opinion. Android isn’t buggy at all though. You might prefer Apple, but I’m listing the facts here, not opinions...though at the end of the day, it’s his choice.

Not fact, based on what your and others opinions are on devices. You don't think Android devices are buggy, based on your opinion and other reviewers. Its an individual perspective based on their opinion. My opinion is they are, and have friends with Android devices that love them. but state they can be laggy and buggy, again its an opinion.

And your correct at the end of the day it is his choice, everyone else on this thread replied to him without trying to lead him in a certain direction.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have to have both platforms working in an enterprise so can't be the fan boy or girl many are. First, top tier hardware makes a difference. You only have that with Apple.

There are some Android solutions that because of a different model make some more development options more readily available or easier for the developer but the support is not always as consistent. I have dozens each of Android and Apple mobile in the enterprise. It is rare when I have to work with our Apple app developers the way I have regular support incidents with the Android developer.

When the apps are much the same or consistent for both platforms we have less support with Apple. The why is easily explained by our HR platform app or Office 365 apps the whole enterprise uses. The mix of Android phones and their not always with great support has caused issues the generally consistent iPhones don't have.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Not facts, but opinions. Enough of this "backdoor" Trolling. I'm sure you will be happy on our sister site Android Central ...Thanks

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Please don’t speak for all Android users. I really don’t feel that your idea of “the general opinion” fairly speaks for all users.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Whatever advantages that Android has against iOS are simultaneously the disadvantages That Android has against iOS because human nature evolves and changes situationally.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner