From what I have seen in the industry since the early days is prices never seem to come down? Sometimes in the event a product is not selling well, the manufacturer will lower the price of the product to try and jump start sales.

But Apple has been making money in wheelbarrows for a long time and I honestly think this might be an opportune time to lower the price on a new product, but I seriously doubt if that would ever happen.

I think the industry is saturated and must be creative not only with the products they launch, but also with the entry price point. But who knows for sure. We usually find out the pricing a week before the product launches, hopefully they do it differently this time around!
    08-27-2019 12:51 PM
    From what I have seen in the industry since the early days is prices never seem to come down? Sometimes in the event a product is not selling well, the manufacturer will lower the price of the product to try and jump start sales.

But Apple has been making money in wheelbarrows for a long time and I honestly think this might be an opportune time to lower the price on a new product, but I seriously doubt if that would ever happen.

I think the industry is saturated and must be creative not only with the products they launch, but also with the entry price point. But who knows for sure. We usually find out the pricing a week before the product launches, hopefully they do it differently this time around!
    If Apple released an aluminium backed phone that (from the outside) looked exactly like the iPhone X, had inferior FaceID (or rear TouchID), had an A10 or A10X processor with 3GB RAM and 32/64GB of storage, and had a single rear 12MP f/1.8 camera like on the iPhone 8 and a 5.8 inch 828p LCD display like on the XR and a 3000mAh battery for $600, would that sell well?

Very unlikely they will release a successor for the iPhone SE
    08-27-2019 02:48 PM
    If Apple released an aluminium backed phone that (from the outside) looked exactly like the iPhone X, had inferior FaceID (or rear TouchID), had an A10 or A10X processor with 3GB RAM and 32/64GB of storage, and had a single rear 12MP f/1.8 camera like on the iPhone 8 and a 5.8 inch 828p LCD display like on the XR and a 3000mAh battery for $600, would that sell well?

Very unlikely they will release a successor for the iPhone SE
    I do think a phone like the one you described would sell well. They need to start thinking about value added pricing. The days of just putting out a product with a few minor upgrades and keep rasing the prices is over.

The market is saturated and now folks are starting to want more for less. Who knows, maybe I am way off base here, but that’s what I hear from folks at my end who are thinking about upgrading. Time will tell.
    wilber1 and Golurk like this.
    08-28-2019 04:34 PM
    I do think a phone like the one you described would sell well. They need to start thinking about value added pricing. The days of just putting out a product with a few minor upgrades and keep rasing the prices is over.

The market is saturated and now folks are starting to want more for less. Who knows, maybe I am way off base here, but that’s what I hear from folks at my end who are thinking about upgrading. Time will tell.
    I agree...think slowing sales and longer consumer upgrade times are evidence of this. If Apple is to re-enter the mid-range market they’re going to have to up their game a lot. Like it or not, the mid-range market is 99% Android and they provide excellent value for money (e.g OnePlus 6T).

But even if the phone I just described was released, it would probably sell well, not because it is better than devices like the OP 6T (because it isn’t) but because (I predict) its buyers will be people who buy the XR or who are tired of $1000 phones.
    TgeekB and bakron1 like this.
    09-02-2019 05:06 AM
    I agree...think slowing sales and longer consumer upgrade times are evidence of this. If Apple is to re-enter the mid-range market they’re going to have to up their game a lot. Like it or not, the mid-range market is 99% Android and they provide excellent value for money (e.g OnePlus 6T).

But even if the phone I just described was released, it would probably sell well, not because it is better than devices like the OP 6T (because it isn’t) but because (I predict) its buyers will be people who buy the XR or who are tired of $1000 phones.
    I agree and think Apple would be smart to at least research this possibility more. I, for one, will never pay over $1000 for a smartphone and believe many more people agree with me.
    bakron1 likes this.
    09-02-2019 08:45 AM
    I agree and think Apple would be smart to at least research this possibility more. I, for one, will never pay over $1000 for a smartphone and believe many more people agree with me.
    Yep.
    09-02-2019 09:51 AM
    Got kind of an indirectly related question. How much do you think the present crop of iPhones, the XR, XS and XS Max will come down in price once the 11’s are released (not related to any additional cost from tariff’s)? Maybe 20%?
    09-02-2019 08:05 PM
    Got kind of an indirectly related question. How much do you think the present crop of iPhones, the XR, XS and XS Max will come down in price once the 11’s are released (not related to any additional cost from tariff’s)? Maybe 20%?
    The 8 is $599 currently at Apple at lowest price point. The XR is $749 at lowest price point. So my best guess would be the current models will drop to:

XR: $650
    XS: $850
    XS Max: $900

Now that assumes they will continue selling those models. I think the carriers will sell the current so to be older models at least til stock is out but could see Apple keeping the only the 8 and 11. Hold onto the last iPhone made with a Home button and then only stock the 11 models, but what do I know.
    BuckyBadg likes this.
    09-02-2019 08:33 PM
    It just seems like iphones, or any other phones for that matter are just going up in price every year. Even tho they say phone will come with this and that feature but honestly I have the iPhone X which I just got a few months ago and honestly it still feels like it’s with it’s time. Don’t need to overspend for the latest and greatest phone every year.
    09-03-2019 08:29 PM
    I guess I will be returning to this thread in a couple of weeks to "gloat"...LOL
    WOW. I didn't see that coming from Apple, however I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong...my guess/opinion was totally WRONG.
    09-14-2019 10:57 PM
    WOW. I didn't see that coming from Apple, however I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong...my guess/opinion was totally WRONG.
    Maybe they’re starting to get it.
    09-15-2019 08:18 AM
    Well I just pre-ordered two iPhone 11 Pro Max phones, both 256 gig models.
    09-15-2019 09:03 AM
    Well I just pre-ordered two iPhone 11 Pro Max phones, both 256 gig models.
    You did? What colors?
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    09-15-2019 09:06 AM
    You did? What colors?
    Gray for me, green for the wife.
    Annie_8plus and Tartarus like this.
    09-15-2019 09:10 AM
    I don’t agree. You should’ve gotten yourself a Gold, as you’re a gold hearted person yourself.
    09-15-2019 09:13 AM
    Good choices, but I agree with @Tartarus, gold is more appropriate because there are no gray areas with you!
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-15-2019 09:16 AM
    When you all lay it on, you lay it on thick, huh?

09-15-2019 09:22 AM
42 12