So I’m official a victim of Apples grand scheme.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It’s hardly as serious as my title suggests but still...

Here I was playing with the Note 10, which is a gorgeous device and I’m on the verge of switching when it hits me...

If I switch, I lost the functionality I get with my AirPods, Apple Watch and the way all my devices talk together. My iPhone really is the glue and unless I want to lose out on all of that...with the iPhone I remain.

But man...that Note is so pretty.

Looking forward to the iPhone 11 announcement. Hopefully I’m impressed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It’s hardly as serious as my title suggests but still...

Here I was playing with the Note 10, which is a gorgeous device and I’m on the verge of switching when it hits me...

If I switch, I lost the functionality I get with my AirPods, Apple Watch and the way all my devices talk together. My iPhone really is the glue and unless I want to lose out on all of that...with the iPhone I remain.

But man...that Note is so pretty.

Looking forward to the iPhone 11 announcement. Hopefully I’m impressed.

Victim? Nah! Invested? Definitely...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Spoiler alert: The Note is not pretty.
It’s just another Samsung thingie.
Samsung is evil and bad and not good.
Samsung should be forbidden.

Repent, take a shower and wash off your sins of longing to Samsung.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
As humans I feel that we are drawn to the allure of difference and we get caught up in the moment but then we rationalize it and make the best decision

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Fondled a Note 10+ at Best Buy while I was buying an iPad Pro 12.9 last weekend. Say what you want but the Note 10 is a beautiful mobile device. So much screen!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
As humans I feel that we are drawn to the allure of difference and we get caught up in the moment but then we rationalize it and make the best decision

This happens to me for about 2 months EVERY year! When I think I got it licked, it happens again.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me for about 2 months EVERY year! When I think I got it licked, it happens again.

For about 2 years I would buy an android on swappa and swear I was switching. It would lure me in and after getting it and playing with it for a month I found myself missing my iPhone so I would sell the android phone and move back to my iPhone. I can’t seem to leave it. It’s boring but I love it. It’s sad.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
For about 2 years I would buy an android on swappa and swear I was switching. It would lure me in and after getting it and playing with it for a month I found myself missing my iPhone so I would sell the android phone and move back to my iPhone. I can’t seem to leave it. It’s boring but I love it. It’s sad.

Totally do the same thing, except the month to you is more like a week to me! I don't know why I torture myself but always get the itch to leave iOS for that shiny new technology. Problem is once I get that shiny new tech, I start missing the cohesiveness of my iPhone, Apple Watch, iMessage, FaceTime, HomeKit etc.

It is beyond boring and stale for 2019 but at the same time it suits me and I can’t live without it!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Spoiler alert: The Note is not pretty.
It’s just another Samsung thingie.
Samsung is evil and bad and not good.
Samsung should be forbidden.

Repent, take a shower and wash off your sins of longing to Samsung.

And from the Android side :

Spoiler alert: The iPhone is not pretty.
It's just another Apple thingy.
Apple is evil and bad and not good.
Apple should be forbidden.

Repent, take a shower and wash off your sins of longing to Apple.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I’ve been hearing the iPhone is Boring Mantra a lot lately but it’s really more like it’s becoming so refined to the point of a communication appliance.

Reliable and issue free that we don’t feel the anxiety that use to be associated with the Tech of the past.

So I’ll take Boring all day long

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I’ve been hearing the iPhone is Boring Mantra a lot lately but it’s really more like it’s becoming so refined to the point of a communication appliance.

Reliable and issue free that we don’t feel the anxiety that use to be associated with the Tech of the past.

So I’ll take Boring all day long

Me too. I’m to the point now where I want  to implement all the cool new things I’m seeing from other brands (one plus, Samsung, google) but if they don’t I will still stay with them. They have me in their walled garden and, much like Stockholm syndrome, I like my walled garden.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
And from the Android side :

Spoiler alert: The iPhone is not pretty.
It's just another Apple thingy.
Apple is evil and bad and not good.
Apple should be forbidden.

Repent, take a shower and wash off your sins of longing to Apple.

I will confirm and not deny that there is such a thing as Android side.
They are right in their own right. I won’t deny that either. But this is iMore, the Apple side. Android and Androidians don’t count here. All their beliefs, thoughts and principles are null and void. It’s like they don’t exist at all.
It should be. It is for me.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Fondled a Note 10+ at Best Buy while I was buying an iPad Pro 12.9 last weekend. Say what you want but the Note 10 is a beautiful mobile device. So much screen!

I wouldn’t call it beautiful.

Curved screen, no thank you. Excessive Glare and phantom touches ruin devices with a curved screen.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I will conform and not deny that there is such a thing as Android side.
They are right in their own right. I won’t deny that either. But this is iMore, the Apple side. Android and Androidians don’t count here. All their beliefs, thoughts and principles are null and void. It’s like they don’t exist at all.
It should be. It is for me.

But grasshopper, a closed mind is an empty mind.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro