Who is updating their iPhone this year? Why or Why not?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded from a XS 64 gold to a 11 Pro green model today. Also bought a green OEM leather case. Just finished doing a restore and going to put it through the paces the next coupe of days.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am tired of hearing about the call quality, or lack of on my 8Plus.
Come September, it will be two years I have had this phone.
So I am thinking of upgrading to the 11 pro or pro max, rather than hanging onto to it a little longer like I was planning to.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
My XS is going well and I will not be changing it for a couple of years at least, it is not a whole wonderful new world like the 4s was to me after the 3g. and it has a suspect battery, but it’s good enough for a while....

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Don’t think I’m going to upgrade this year, don’t really care about 120hz refresh rate or 5g.

Vero DR

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
iPhone 8+

I’m happy with it so I’ll likely wait till 2020.

Performance and condition are both still great, plus I’m not ready to give up Touch ID.

me neither i have iphone 7 and thinking about the 8, looking about plus models but not sure if i’m going to able to handle that size

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have always interested in the new devices, but since I have been semi retired and slowed down, I don’t use my device as I much as I used to when I was running my business at full throttle.

Now I am more involved in social media, the mobile nations forums and personal rather then business emails. My current iPhone 11 Pro has been working very nicely and I find myself really liking it.

I will wait and see what Apple comes up with this fall and make my decision then. I remember I said I wasn’t going to upgrade to the iPhone 11 from my XS and went to the Apple store just to check out the 11 Pro and ended up leaving with one, lol.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, my main device right now is a Note 10+, which relegated my brave iPhone X to the backup role. I still use it a lot, though. So, it will depends now on what Apple will offer this year. If they come with the same design and unpayable price, I'll maintain my old pal and look after the Note 20+ - pricey, too, but payable here, with promotions, good gifts, trade program and so on.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
There haven’t been any replies since March. Has everyone changed their mind or are still sticking to their decision? Me for instance I now have a 12 Pro Max dummy unit, so I’m definitely upgrading my XS Max for sure and will keep my XS Max as a backup phone. I’m on the fence about upgrading my S4 to the S6. If I do upgrade to the S6, it won’t be probably until Christmas.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
There haven’t been any replies since March. Has everyone changed their mind or are still sticking to their decision? Me for instance I now have a 12 Pro Max dummy unit, so I’m definitely upgrading my XS Max for sure and will keep my XS Max as a backup phone. I’m on the fence about upgrading my S4 to the S6. If I do upgrade to the S6, it won’t be probably until Christmas.

Nope. I’m still gonna get the upper tier iPhone Max this year, in 256GB version.
And I’m getting the Watch series 6 too, probably a few weeks after I get the iPhone.

I think I’ll keep my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold myself. The NFC chip isn’t working, so I don’t think it would be nice to sell it and make it their problem.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As of now, I don’t have any intentions on upgrading to the new iPhone 12 models, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t. We’ll see.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, I went two years with the X, that’s the longest I ever went without upgrading. If the 12 is redesigned as rumored and I like it most likely I’ll upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2