Who is updating their iPhone this year? Why or Why not?

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Why are you here ? this is an Apple facing forum, back under your bridge.

Because last time I checked we don't restrict only Apple lovers to this board.. just like we don't restrict Android Central to only Android people.

Yep.. I'd say that's why.

mlbrowninsc

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I’ll likely stick with my Max another year. Nothing I have seen looks to be a must have to me. I also looked at the Note 10 + today. It’s a nice device and really light weight but after ten minutes playing with android I’m reminded I just like iOS better. I don’t care about customization and I’m really enjoying the enhancements in iOS 13. We’ll see what they show in September.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm so happy with my XS Max, I've had this phone longer than anyone before BUT I haven't decided yet if I will change when IPhone 11 is out. If it's not that much upgrade I will keep my Max until 2020 I think.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I probably will, depending upon what is announced. My iPhone 8+ is nearly two years old now and Apple Care is about to expire. The 3 key fails to respond during calls, so that causes problems with entering information for automated systems. I've had that (3 key failing to respond, phone dailer screen locking up) reviewed via a Genius appointment, but nothing was found. Still happens even after a full reset. Will keep it as a backup.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I already updated my phone just 3 months ago. I went from a 7 plus to the iPhone X. Yeah I know it’s not the newest phone but I just felt like it’s time to switch up to a full screen iPhone and so far love the phone

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I already updated my phone just 3 months ago. I went from a 7 plus to the iPhone X. Yeah I know it’s not the newest phone but I just felt like it’s time to switch up to a full screen iPhone and so far love the phone

I really enjoy using my iPhone X and hopefully, you’ll enjoy yours just as much...

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Miraculously, my iPhone X broke the next day after my wife told me I can’t upgrade this year so I’m definitely getting the iPhone 11 Pro Max! Yes!!!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
With an XS Max and v 4 watch I can't imagine upgrading unless a device in the family dies.

I will watch camera reviews and could possibly see a reason for upgrade if I do a particular international trip in coming months. With a nice SLR system I sure don't need camera capability but have already been impressed with only taking my current phone on trips.

The new phones look like great options for people not yet with all-screen models.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
With an XS Max and v 4 watch I can't imagine upgrading unless a device in the family dies.

I will watch camera reviews and could possibly see a reason for upgrade if I do a particular international trip in coming months. With a nice SLR system I sure don't need camera capability but have already been impressed with only taking my current phone on trips.

The new phones look like great options for people not yet with all-screen models.

I agree. If you don’t need 5G (which let’s face it, won’t be widespread until in a few years) and are happy with using the iPhone 11 (Pro) for a few years straight (the 11 Pro looks pretty future proof to me, triple camera system, good battery, 5 years of iOS updates and a decently sized OLED display, IP68 etc) then I’d definitely recommend it as an upgrade to someone using the 6/7/8 (+)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For me, the X remains the most well made iPhone ever. And the one which are refusing to become obsolete for most time.

The iPhone X is definitely one of the best iPhones Apple has ever made, in my opinion, however, the new iPhone 11 Pro models are right up there with it. I’m not a fan of the way the camera looks on the back, but the build quality of the iPhone Pro is top notch.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Main selling point of the new phones seems to be the large improvements in photography. If you frequently use your phone as a camera, you should consider upgrading. Otherwise, little reason to.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
There are some significant improvements in battery life, but the battery life of the IPhones of the last two years probably is good enough.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox