Who is updating their iPhone this year? Why or Why not?

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I want to know if anyone is updating their iPhone this year from 2018 and lesser.

Currently on the X(10). Planned on sticking with this as long as possible but if they go with the iPhone SE/iPad Pro(2018) design in 2020, i think i will upgrade to that. Plus rumor is they will have a 6'7" Max which ill going after.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The screen quality is what I like in the most expensive models. Other than that, I think I might go for the XR 2019. I have a XS Max 256gb. So I basically spend $250 extra for screen quality lmao

That is what kept me from the XR, but every time I went and played with one I couldn't really tell a difference, the panel in the XR is pretty solid as well.

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
That is what kept me from the XR, but every time I went and played with one I couldn't really tell a difference, the panel in the XR is pretty solid as well.

I’m think now! If they change the resolution, I might go from iPhone 11 pro but if they stay with the same I will go XR this year

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

When I looked at XR & XS side by side, I found myself wondering if any of the 'flaws/weaknesses' in the XR display were simply a 'power of suggestion' effect. And on the same websites my 8Plus ( albeit with the bezels top & bottom) was basically equal.

Last edited:

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Our Xr's are fine got them both this year new for $500Aud off retail, not paying full price for iPhones anymore, no contracts and sim only plans now.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I shall not update my XS this year. Because I intend to keep this phone as long as I can put up with it,or it becomes obsolete. That way my yearly cost will stay at minimum. Hopefully 5G will be sorted out by then, and the cost thereof. This is of course not written in stone, I might jump back in if there is something major that I would really like, such as a smaller phone with a greatly improved battery life and cast iron security !

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
When I looked at XR & XS side by side, I found myself wondering if any of the 'flaws/weaknesses' in the XR display were simply a 'power of suggestion' effect. And on the same websites my 8Plus ( albeit with the bezels top & bottom) was basically equal.

Agree. When they first announced the resolution I did not think it would be comparable to the XS but when you actually see them it is hard to tell a difference.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have always found that with many criterion, 'enthusiasts' tend to focus on 'numbers' as the only way of describing or reporting impressions of a product , and this case is far from isolated. How something looks and feels is as much a very important performance criterion as 'resolution statistics' or 'GeekBench' scores & the like are only partly descriptive

Last edited:

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I’m upgrading to the 11 Max or whatever they’ll call it. I have the X and I miss the larger screen of my previous plus models. The X is just too skinny, even for my tiny hands. Also, my battery seems to drain horribly fast even though it says my battery health is at 93%.

I was at the Apple store with my mom last month helping her pick out an iPad and I played around with the Xs Max and ever since then I’ve been longing for the 11 Max launch.

Dealz417

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
iPhone 8+

I’m happy with it so I’ll likely wait till 2020.

Performance and condition are both still great, plus I’m not ready to give up Touch ID.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
As of now if the rumors are true, I have no reason to upgrade my camera it’s fine on my iPhone X, but one never knows until the phones are actually released.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I’m upgrading to the 11 Max or whatever they’ll call it. I have the X and I miss the larger screen of my previous plus models. The X is just too skinny, even for my tiny hands. Also, my battery seems to drain horribly fast even though it says my battery health is at 93%.

I was at the Apple store with my mom last month helping her pick out an iPad and I played around with the Xs Max and ever since then I’ve been longing for the 11 Max launch.

If the battery health is anywhere near 95% it's gonna be quite significant since the iPhone x battery is smaller than the XS models.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Your pantless crew is keeping the thread of all threads alive on crackberry. As a XS Max owner I think you’ll be happy with your choice.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR