Who is updating their iPhone this year? Why or Why not?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have a iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold, so yes, I’ll be upgrading as soon as possible.

Ditto but 128 gig jet black.

Mot planning on upgrading unless Tmobile (or Verizon, if Tmobile can't) can make me a great deal to stay on as a customer.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I'm quite happy with my Xs Max and see no reason to upgrade this year. I might upgrade in 2020, however in a more realistic sense it will probably take me until 2021 to save up for the next latest and greatest iPhone (no more payment plans for me) the way the prices are increasing...LOL

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I won’t be upgrading this year. My Xs Max is still going strong and I’ll hold on to it for the next year. Now 2020 is a totally different story

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I won't upgrade. My X is doing fine and, as rumours amount, I cannot see anything that justifies paying +1000 bucks for a new iPhone. So I won't contribute to Apple's earnings this fiscal year

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am most likely going to upgrade, but I am going to go for the new XR. The battery life alone is going to make it worth it. I do not take a ton of pictures so having 3 lenses isn't that important to me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's funny. I bought the iPhone X on release date and I'm still using it. Last year came and went and the iPhone XS models didn't impress me to the point where I'd like to upgrade. It's been almost a year since then and I'm still perfectly happy with my X. The latest iPhone 11 leaks haven't triggered my curiosity either. As of now, I have no desire to upgrade and from all we know at this point, I don't see that changing. So I will likely be keeping my X for yet another year.

This is funny because I used to be the every year new phone guy. I don't know if I'm getting old or if the device market is maturing to the point where annual upgrades just aren't necessary.

I’m with you, sir.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I upgrade every year. Some years at this time I say I won't, then I do. I stopped fighting the denials and just said I was.

I'm honestly not feeling any excitement given the leaks. This is a good year to upgrade if you have an iPhone 7 or older. Seems like Apple's way of combating the saturated and matured smartphone market is to appeal more to those with phones 2-3 years old. So 2020 could be the year where they get someone like myself enticed to upgrade with a new design.

Edit: It also looks like the square camera bump is what we're getting if the leaks are correct. If that extra lens is there it really needs to be good for something extraordinary because the aesthetic look of the rumored phone looks very unpleasant.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I upgrade every year. Some years at this time I say I won't, then I do. I stopped fighting the denials and just said I was.

I'm honestly not feeling any excitement given the leaks. This is a good year to upgrade if you have an iPhone 7 or older. Seems like Apple's way of combating the saturated and matured smartphone market is to appeal more to those with phones 2-3 years old. So 2020 could be the year where they get someone like myself enticed to upgrade with a new design.

Edit: It also looks like the square camera bump is what we're getting if the leaks are correct. If that extra lens is there it really needs to be good for something extraordinary because the aesthetic look of the rumored phone looks very unpleasant.

I only barely upgraded to the Max. I really don’t think I’ll upgrade my iPhone this year.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Agreed....

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
The next IPhone would have to come with a built in coffee maker, foot massager and bellybutton lint remover for me to buy it, seriously.
My X works great and I’m guessing Apple will price their devices high enough for me to not even bother with the latest offerings.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The next IPhone would have to come with a built in coffee maker, foot massager and bellybutton lint remover for me to buy it, seriously.
My X works great and I’m guessing Apple will price their devices high enough for me to not even bother with the latest offerings.

I do like the Belly Button Lint remover idea

anon(10607787)

May 25, 2019
Visit site
I am most likely going to upgrade, but I am going to go for the new XR. The battery life alone is going to make it worth it. I do not take a ton of pictures so having 3 lenses isn't that important to me.

The screen quality is what I like in the most expensive models. Other than that, I think I might go for the XR 2019. I have a XS Max 256gb. So I basically spend $250 extra for screen quality lmao

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77