I am most likely going to upgrade, but I am going to go for the new XR. The battery life alone is going to make it worth it. I do not take a ton of pictures so having 3 lenses isn't that important to me.
    kataran, Just_Me_D, pr1nce and 1 others like this.
    08-07-2019 02:22 PM
    Nope.
    My XR is perfectly fine.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-07-2019 05:32 PM
    It's funny. I bought the iPhone X on release date and I'm still using it. Last year came and went and the iPhone XS models didn't impress me to the point where I'd like to upgrade. It's been almost a year since then and I'm still perfectly happy with my X. The latest iPhone 11 leaks haven't triggered my curiosity either. As of now, I have no desire to upgrade and from all we know at this point, I don't see that changing. So I will likely be keeping my X for yet another year.

This is funny because I used to be the every year new phone guy. I don't know if I'm getting old or if the device market is maturing to the point where annual upgrades just aren't necessary.
    I’m with you, sir.
    Quis89 and dmoskaluk like this.
    08-07-2019 06:04 PM
    I upgrade every year. Some years at this time I say I won't, then I do. I stopped fighting the denials and just said I was.

I'm honestly not feeling any excitement given the leaks. This is a good year to upgrade if you have an iPhone 7 or older. Seems like Apple's way of combating the saturated and matured smartphone market is to appeal more to those with phones 2-3 years old. So 2020 could be the year where they get someone like myself enticed to upgrade with a new design.

Edit: It also looks like the square camera bump is what we're getting if the leaks are correct. If that extra lens is there it really needs to be good for something extraordinary because the aesthetic look of the rumored phone looks very unpleasant.
    08-07-2019 08:34 PM
    I upgrade every year. Some years at this time I say I won't, then I do. I stopped fighting the denials and just said I was.

I'm honestly not feeling any excitement given the leaks. This is a good year to upgrade if you have an iPhone 7 or older. Seems like Apple's way of combating the saturated and matured smartphone market is to appeal more to those with phones 2-3 years old. So 2020 could be the year where they get someone like myself enticed to upgrade with a new design.

Edit: It also looks like the square camera bump is what we're getting if the leaks are correct. If that extra lens is there it really needs to be good for something extraordinary because the aesthetic look of the rumored phone looks very unpleasant.
    I only barely upgraded to the Max. I really don’t think I’ll upgrade my iPhone this year.
    ladyc0524 and MooMooPrincess like this.
    08-07-2019 09:24 PM

Agreed....
    pr1nce and Speedygi like this.
    08-07-2019 09:42 PM
    The next IPhone would have to come with a built in coffee maker, foot massager and bellybutton lint remover for me to buy it, seriously.
    My X works great and I’m guessing Apple will price their devices high enough for me to not even bother with the latest offerings.
    08-10-2019 12:24 PM
    The next IPhone would have to come with a built in coffee maker, foot massager and bellybutton lint remover for me to buy it, seriously.
    My X works great and I’m guessing Apple will price their devices high enough for me to not even bother with the latest offerings.
    I do like the Belly Button Lint remover idea
    Evilguppy, Premium1 and Spencerdl like this.
    08-10-2019 12:28 PM
    I only barely upgraded to the Max. I really don’t think I’ll upgrade my iPhone this year.
    Get a smaller truck or even just a car and you’ll even be able to buy the top tier Mac Pro.
    You’re welcome for this free advice of the day.
    MooMooPrincess and Premium1 like this.
    08-10-2019 01:37 PM
    I am most likely going to upgrade, but I am going to go for the new XR. The battery life alone is going to make it worth it. I do not take a ton of pictures so having 3 lenses isn't that important to me.
    The screen quality is what I like in the most expensive models. Other than that, I think I might go for the XR 2019. I have a XS Max 256gb. So I basically spend $250 extra for screen quality lmao
    08-10-2019 01:38 PM
    Get a smaller truck or even just a car and you’ll even be able to buy the top tier Mac Pro.
    You’re welcome for this free advice of the day.
    I’d rather it be worth the money. It’s not worth the cost to upgrade.
    08-10-2019 01:56 PM
    Im probably going to wait until 2020, because that’s when I’m due to upgrade.
    Contracts still exist?
    08-10-2019 02:18 PM
    Contracts still exist?
    Unbelievably yes!
    Speedygi likes this.
    08-10-2019 02:58 PM
    Unbelievably yes!
    Wow. Who knew.
    08-10-2019 03:34 PM
    No. I bought my XS Max in June. I love the Max and have no intention of buying the this years model. I’ll wait for 2020-21.
    08-10-2019 04:56 PM
    I want to know if anyone is updating their iPhone this year from 2018 and lesser.
    Currently on the X(10). Planned on sticking with this as long as possible but if they go with the iPhone SE/iPad Pro(2018) design in 2020, i think i will upgrade to that. Plus rumor is they will have a 6'7" Max which ill going after.
    08-10-2019 05:12 PM
    The screen quality is what I like in the most expensive models. Other than that, I think I might go for the XR 2019. I have a XS Max 256gb. So I basically spend $250 extra for screen quality lmao
    That is what kept me from the XR, but every time I went and played with one I couldn't really tell a difference, the panel in the XR is pretty solid as well.
    08-10-2019 07:37 PM
    That is what kept me from the XR, but every time I went and played with one I couldn't really tell a difference, the panel in the XR is pretty solid as well.
    I’m think now! If they change the resolution, I might go from iPhone 11 pro but if they stay with the same I will go XR this year
    08-10-2019 07:53 PM
    When I looked at XR & XS side by side, I found myself wondering if any of the 'flaws/weaknesses' in the XR display were simply a 'power of suggestion' effect. And on the same websites my 8Plus ( albeit with the bezels top & bottom) was basically equal.
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 08-11-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    Premium1 and grover5 like this.
    08-10-2019 07:54 PM
    Our Xr's are fine got them both this year new for $500Aud off retail, not paying full price for iPhones anymore, no contracts and sim only plans now.
    Premium1, J Dubbs and grover5 like this.
    08-11-2019 12:58 AM
    I shall not update my XS this year. Because I intend to keep this phone as long as I can put up with it,or it becomes obsolete. That way my yearly cost will stay at minimum. Hopefully 5G will be sorted out by then, and the cost thereof. This is of course not written in stone, I might jump back in if there is something major that I would really like, such as a smaller phone with a greatly improved battery life and cast iron security !
    kataran likes this.
    08-11-2019 11:33 AM
    When I looked at XR & XS side by side, I found myself wondering if any of the 'flaws/weaknesses' in the XR display were simply a 'power of suggestion' effect. And on the same websites my 8Plus ( albeit with the bezels top & bottom) was basically equal.
    Agree. When they first announced the resolution I did not think it would be comparable to the XS but when you actually see them it is hard to tell a difference.
    pr1nce likes this.
    08-11-2019 01:18 PM
    I have always found that with many criterion, 'enthusiasts' tend to focus on 'numbers' as the only way of describing or reporting impressions of a product , and this case is far from isolated. How something looks and feels is as much a very important performance criterion as 'resolution statistics' or 'GeekBench' scores & the like are only partly descriptive
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 08-11-2019 at 01:48 PM.
    kataran and Premium1 like this.
    08-11-2019 01:29 PM
    I’m upgrading to the 11 Max or whatever they’ll call it. I have the X and I miss the larger screen of my previous plus models. The X is just too skinny, even for my tiny hands. Also, my battery seems to drain horribly fast even though it says my battery health is at 93%.

I was at the Apple store with my mom last month helping her pick out an iPad and I played around with the Xs Max and ever since then I’ve been longing for the 11 Max launch.
    08-17-2019 12:04 PM
    iPhone 8+

I’m happy with it so I’ll likely wait till 2020.

Performance and condition are both still great, plus I’m not ready to give up Touch ID.
    dmoskaluk, Speedygi and grover5 like this.
    08-17-2019 01:38 PM
123 1234 ...