Thank you Apple.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone X and I love love love it. But it's been acting odd lately. A few times it's powered off completely and I couldn't get it back on. Then after 10/20/30 minutes it would just turn back on after leaving it plugged in. The screen would intermittently become unresponsive to my touch. Sometimes it was just a few seconds and other times I'd have to power cycle.

I had also dropped my phone a few months back resulting in a small corner crack on the bottom that over time spread into a long single hairline crack across the back. My issues were taking place prior to this though, so it's likely unrelated.

I eventually grew tired of the issues and wanted to get it resolved before my AppleCare+ expired. So I set an appointment with the GeniusBar.

Coming from the wireless world I knew that physical damage will always supersede any other issues. In other words, just because my issues had NOTHING to do with the physical damage...because of the physical damage, I was prepared to pay the $99 replacement price.

I was pleasantly surprised when the GeniusBar rep advised me that he would not be charging me for my replacement as the system didn't recognize the crack as having to do with my issues and when he notated the crack it didn't recommend charging me. We agreed not to question this and proceed lol.

So thank you Apple! I got my X replaced under warranty, not using one of my two AppleCare+ claims, for FREE! I was extremely excited!

Back into the case this new baby goes. I haven't dropped/cracked a phone in over 10 years. Rather not make it a habit going forward!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have an iPhone X and I love love love it. But it's been acting odd lately. A few times it's powered off completely and I couldn't get it back on. Then after 10/20/30 minutes it would just turn back on after leaving it plugged in. The screen would intermittently become unresponsive to my touch. Sometimes it was just a few seconds and other times I'd have to power cycle.

I had also dropped my phone a few months back resulting in a small corner crack on the bottom that over time spread into a long single hairline crack across the back. My issues were taking place prior to this though, so it's likely unrelated.

I eventually grew tired of the issues and wanted to get it resolved before my AppleCare+ expired. So I set an appointment with the GeniusBar.

Coming from the wireless world I knew that physical damage will always supersede any other issues. In other words, just because my issues had NOTHING to do with the physical damage...because of the physical damage, I was prepared to pay the $99 replacement price.

I was pleasantly surprised when the GeniusBar rep advised me that he would not be charging me for my replacement as the system didn't recognize the crack as having to do with my issues and when he notated the crack it didn't recommend charging me. We agreed not to question this and proceed lol.

So thank you Apple! I got my X replaced under warranty, not using one of my two AppleCare+ claims, for FREE! I was extremely excited!

Back into the case this new baby goes. I haven't dropped/cracked a phone in over 10 years. Rather not make it a habit going forward!

This is awesome! I am so glad that this worked out for you the way it does, and even more, I am thrilled that your new iPhone is safely in a case!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is yet another reason we enjoy our Apple products and the customer service it provides. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, sir....:cool:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Stories like these are why I am willing to pay, only to a degree, the "Apple Tax" on certain products.

Agreed. I fully went in prepared to pay the $99 as I take ownership for the drop and the damage. But I'm definitely happy they made an exception. They'll keep me as a customer by doing things like that.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Nice here stories like this and why we have confidence in Apple service my story was last winter I was outside on patio and strong wind gust took it out of my hand and face down on concrete patio and cracked the screen in several places and took it to Genius Bar and they just gave me a brand new iPhone 8 plus for the cost of a screen replacement ,Great service.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You can’t beat the care of customer that Apple provides

You can't. And it's why I stick around.

Nice here stories like this and why we have confidence in Apple service my story was last winter I was outside on patio and strong wind gust took it out of my hand and face down on concrete patio and cracked the screen in several places and took it to Genius Bar and they just gave me a brand new iPhone 8 plus for the cost of a screen replacement ,Great service.

That's awesome!

This is why I am an Apple customer, also. Congrats on your phone!

Thanks!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your new X This is exactly why I stick with Apple! It’s also extremely convenient for me to just pop into an Apple store whenever I feel the need. I can’t say the same for other manufacturers.

stevencheung

Apr 2, 2019
Visit site
hello,
i am happy to purchase iphone X.this is awesome and fantastic look.some days before i think that My *only* issue with Apple is that they tend to break the budget but i love iphone and then now,finally i purchase iphone X in my budget.i love iphone.

thank you ,

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for sharing and I have also had some great experiences with Apple. We converted our office to Mac back in 2008 and have never looked back.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Great story and great Apple customer service once again. I enjoy reading stories like this and another reason I use Apple products.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711