Use code imore10 andsave 10% on your first Upsie warranty
    I have an iPhone X and I love love love it. But it's been acting odd lately. A few times it's powered off completely and I couldn't get it back on. Then after 10/20/30 minutes it would just turn back on after leaving it plugged in. The screen would intermittently become unresponsive to my touch. Sometimes it was just a few seconds and other times I'd have to power cycle.

I had also dropped my phone a few months back resulting in a small corner crack on the bottom that over time spread into a long single hairline crack across the back. My issues were taking place prior to this though, so it's likely unrelated.

I eventually grew tired of the issues and wanted to get it resolved before my AppleCare+ expired. So I set an appointment with the GeniusBar.

Coming from the wireless world I knew that physical damage will always supersede any other issues. In other words, just because my issues had NOTHING to do with the physical damage...because of the physical damage, I was prepared to pay the $99 replacement price.

I was pleasantly surprised when the GeniusBar rep advised me that he would not be charging me for my replacement as the system didn't recognize the crack as having to do with my issues and when he notated the crack it didn't recommend charging me. We agreed not to question this and proceed lol.

So thank you Apple! I got my X replaced under warranty, not using one of my two AppleCare+ claims, for FREE! I was extremely excited!

Back into the case this new baby goes. I haven't dropped/cracked a phone in over 10 years. Rather not make it a habit going forward!
    05-22-2019 10:12 AM
    I have an iPhone X and I love love love it. But it's been acting odd lately. A few times it's powered off completely and I couldn't get it back on. Then after 10/20/30 minutes it would just turn back on after leaving it plugged in. The screen would intermittently become unresponsive to my touch. Sometimes it was just a few seconds and other times I'd have to power cycle.

I had also dropped my phone a few months back resulting in a small corner crack on the bottom that over time spread into a long single hairline crack across the back. My issues were taking place prior to this though, so it's likely unrelated.

I eventually grew tired of the issues and wanted to get it resolved before my AppleCare+ expired. So I set an appointment with the GeniusBar.

Coming from the wireless world I knew that physical damage will always supersede any other issues. In other words, just because my issues had NOTHING to do with the physical damage...because of the physical damage, I was prepared to pay the $99 replacement price.

I was pleasantly surprised when the GeniusBar rep advised me that he would not be charging me for my replacement as the system didn't recognize the crack as having to do with my issues and when he notated the crack it didn't recommend charging me. We agreed not to question this and proceed lol.

So thank you Apple! I got my X replaced under warranty, not using one of my two AppleCare+ claims, for FREE! I was extremely excited!

Back into the case this new baby goes. I haven't dropped/cracked a phone in over 10 years. Rather not make it a habit going forward!
    This is awesome! I am so glad that this worked out for you the way it does, and even more, I am thrilled that your new iPhone is safely in a case!
    05-22-2019 10:14 AM
    That is yet another reason we enjoy our Apple products and the customer service it provides. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, sir....
    05-22-2019 10:24 AM
    Stories like these are why I am willing to pay, only to a degree, the "Apple Tax" on certain products.
    Last edited by BreakingKayfabe; 05-22-2019 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Punctuation error
    05-22-2019 01:10 PM
    The superb way of how Apple treats his customers when they have issues is why I’m in love with Apple.
    05-22-2019 01:58 PM
    My *only* issue with Apple is that they tend to break the budget.
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-22-2019 02:51 PM
    Stories like these are why I am willing to pay, only to a degree, the "Apple Tax" on certain products.
    Agreed. I fully went in prepared to pay the $99 as I take ownership for the drop and the damage. But I'm definitely happy they made an exception. They'll keep me as a customer by doing things like that.
    BreakingKayfabe and JandN2639 like this.
    05-22-2019 03:55 PM
    Nice here stories like this and why we have confidence in Apple service my story was last winter I was outside on patio and strong wind gust took it out of my hand and face down on concrete patio and cracked the screen in several places and took it to Genius Bar and they just gave me a brand new iPhone 8 plus for the cost of a screen replacement ,Great service.
    Quis89 and nikkisharif like this.
    05-22-2019 04:47 PM
    You can’t beat the care of customer that Apple provides
    05-22-2019 05:52 PM
    This is why I am an Apple customer, also. Congrats on your phone!
    Quis89 likes this.
    05-22-2019 07:33 PM
    You can’t beat the care of customer that Apple provides
    You can't. And it's why I stick around.

Nice here stories like this and why we have confidence in Apple service my story was last winter I was outside on patio and strong wind gust took it out of my hand and face down on concrete patio and cracked the screen in several places and took it to Genius Bar and they just gave me a brand new iPhone 8 plus for the cost of a screen replacement ,Great service.
    That's awesome!

This is why I am an Apple customer, also. Congrats on your phone!
    Thanks!
    05-23-2019 01:35 PM
    Congrats on your new X This is exactly why I stick with Apple! It’s also extremely convenient for me to just pop into an Apple store whenever I feel the need. I can’t say the same for other manufacturers.
    05-24-2019 03:40 PM
    YESSS!!! Very cool indeed
    05-26-2019 12:09 PM
    hello,
    i am happy to purchase iphone X.this is awesome and fantastic look.some days before i think that My *only* issue with Apple is that they tend to break the budget but i love iphone and then now,finally i purchase iphone X in my budget.i love iphone.

thank you ,
    aximtreo likes this.
    05-29-2019 01:52 AM
    Thanks for sharing and I have also had some great experiences with Apple. We converted our office to Mac back in 2008 and have never looked back.
    05-30-2019 03:22 AM
    That's a great story of the Genius bar coming through for you. Glad to hear that.
    06-10-2019 07:21 AM
    Great story and great Apple customer service once again. I enjoy reading stories like this and another reason I use Apple products.
    06-10-2019 10:24 AM
    Love Apple, and appreciate all it's developers
    06-18-2019 08:22 AM