hello
    I am Steven Cheung. if anybody know's how can i increase my iphone 6 memory storage.when i store photo and video in my phone my phone memory gone full becase my memory storage is 16GB and i want to expand this with more GB without purchasing new iphone.i hope you will help me.

Thank you,
    04-02-2019 07:24 AM
    Welcome to the forums. The storage used is usually soldered on the board. The chip itself is pretty hard to come by, as I understand, and swapping it may not be as easy as simply replacing it. I wouldn't be surprised if the phone will be unresponsive if you did manage to swap the chips out.
    04-02-2019 08:25 AM
    I would recommend something like this to copy photos to and delete them from your device.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU3132632

Your only other option is to purchase a new device with more internal storage.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-02-2019 08:26 AM
    Welcome to iMore. Thanks for joining and please feel free to join in on the many threads and topics. Lee_Bo suggestion is very good short of purchasing a new device. Good Luck with your decision.
    04-02-2019 11:01 AM
    There is a YouTube channel called Strange Parts, he did upgrade the storage on an iPhone. I do not condone or recommend this. It’s a very intensive process with a high chance of failure. It also requires the use of a microscope, heat, liquid solder, patience, and technical proficiency. Your best option is a lightning connected storage device or a new phone. Again, I do not condone or recommended trying to change the memory chip on your phone.

EDIT: That process would also void your warranty.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-02-2019 11:17 AM
    You could upload photos to cloud apps like Box or Dropbox, then delete them from your camera roll.
    04-02-2019 11:23 AM
    Personal recommendation: offload photos, videos, and documents to your computer or the cloud as often as possible, and minimize the space rarely-used apps require in Settings.
    04-02-2019 12:23 PM
    This is a perfect solution to maximize the storage, but when I used Pen-Drive in my iPhone 6, my phone did not work smoothly. I think it was a problem of RAM so i upgraded my phone.
    04-03-2019 03:41 AM
    Hi, Steven. You can download your photo and video to the google drive, Dropbox, etc and the delete it from your iphone
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    04-03-2019 06:22 AM
    Some stores that service Apple devices are willing to upgrade storage for a fee. However, this might invalidate your Apple warranty, if you have one. I know some Apple users who have done this once their warranty is over and are very happy with the results.
    04-03-2019 01:01 PM