So I was sitting on the back patio this morning, drinking my morning coffee and reading my morning news feeds when I had a thought.

Yeah, I know.....scary that I think.

So Apple News +, $10 month (everything rounded up for ease)
    Apple Arcade, $?? month
    Apple TV+, $?? month

But what if we're already subscribing to one or more Apple services? Do you think Apple should discount if you're already subscribed to something? Would this sway you to subscribe?

For example, I'm already paying $10/mo for Apple Music and $3/mo for 200 gig iCloud storage. Would I pay another $2/mo (for an even $15) to get Apple News+? Yes, I probably would. But no, not for an additional $10/month.

What do you think? Would you be more apt to subscribe to any of Apple's services if pricing were "bundled"?
    joemd60 likes this.
    04-01-2019 11:26 AM
    I think that the bundling concept has a lot of merit for those who plan on subscribing to two or more of the services. At this point in time, I'm not sure I'm one of those people. Of course, I'll wait to decide until I see the prices for each, but I do agree that bundling would be a good enticement. I would also think that getting rid of Hulu would be doable if I subscribed to Apple TV+!
    aximtreo likes this.
    04-01-2019 11:30 AM
    We think a bundle would be a good idea. The more services you sign up for, could correlate to a bigger discount.
    04-01-2019 02:36 PM
    If bundle pricing were offered it would entice me to subscribe to more Apple services beyond Apple Music and iCloud.
    aximtreo likes this.
    04-01-2019 03:14 PM
    So I was sitting on the back patio this morning, drinking my morning coffee and reading my morning news feeds when I had a thought.

Apple Arcade, $?? month
    Apple TV+, $?? month

But what if we're already subscribing to one or more Apple services? Do you think Apple should discount if you're already subscribed to something? Would this sway you to subscribe?

For example, I'm already paying $10/mo for Apple Music and $3/mo for 200 gig iCloud storage. Would I pay another $2/mo (for an even $15) to get Apple News+? Yes, I probably would. But no, not for an additional $10/month.

What do you think? Would you be more apt to subscribe to any of Apple's services if pricing were "bundled"?
    It would definitely be nice if they did offer a discount of some sort, but to answer your question of “would you be more apt to subscribe to any of Apple’s services if pricing were bundled?” —- I’m the type of person who would purchase or subscribe if it was something I really wanted, but to be more inclined to do so due to bundling, I doubt it.
    04-01-2019 07:17 PM
    A bundle, depending on the price, may entice me. I have little desire to purchase AppleNews+ as a standalone service. But considering I'm already paying for Apple Music and iCloud Storage, depending on how much more the service will cost, I may consider giving it a shot.
    04-02-2019 12:22 PM
    Of course bundling would make me take a second look, but for now I really don't need it.
    04-02-2019 12:41 PM
    Yes, bundling at a reduced price would be tempting, but remember, half or more of the revenue goes to those creating the content (except for Apple TV+). How would a bundle price figure in to their revenue? I would hate to see creators getting even less than what they already would earn.
    04-02-2019 03:15 PM
    Yes, bundling at a reduced price would be tempting, but remember, half or more of the revenue goes to those creating the content (except for Apple TV+). How would a bundle price figure in to their revenue? I would hate to see creators getting even less than what they already would earn.
    https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/...15&subId2=vbim

I think Apple can afford to give some services away to its customers.
    04-02-2019 03:35 PM
    https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/...06&subId2=vbim

I think Apple can afford to give some services away to its customers.
    I doubt Apple gives away anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if some combination of Apple TV+ and Apple Music would cost like $10-$15 a month.

Subscription fatigue is real, and while many companies are not seeing it (HBO and Netflix being the most prominent examples), when HBO wraps Game of Thrones and Netflix raises their rates ANOTHER $2 a month this year, I think the ticking time bomb will go off.
    04-03-2019 08:53 AM
    I doubt Apple gives away anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if some combination of Apple TV+ and Apple Music would cost like $10-$15 a month.
    Oh you can bet Apple won't give anything away. All I said was they can AFFORD to.

Subscription fatigue is real, and while many companies are not seeing it (HBO and Netflix being the most prominent examples), when HBO wraps Game of Thrones and Netflix raises their rates ANOTHER $2 a month this year, I think the ticking time bomb will go off.
    As long as Tmobile keeps paying my Netflix, they can raise their rates all they want.
    04-03-2019 09:46 AM
    As long as Tmobile keeps paying my Netflix, they can raise their rates all they want.
    I get that idea, but for everyone else, it may get to be the straw the breaks the camel's back. The idea that HBO may find out how many people are subbing for GoT the hard way. As for Netflix....with the next price hike, I may reconsider my subscription.
    04-03-2019 11:49 AM

Apple Arcade, $?? month
    Apple TV+, $?? month

I agree, I signed up for Apple
    Music but paid for the year. My feelings are the same. Next thing you know, your subscription services would be like having another car payment.
    04-03-2019 03:18 PM
    Apple Services fit into two categories. Some like ICloud storage are done by Apple. Others like Apple Music or Apple Arcade consist of creative works by others who deserve to be compensated. I would hope to see bundles that pair an APple provided product with a creative product where APple eats some of their costs or makes less than usual profits.
    04-03-2019 03:22 PM
    I hope all the bundles and other pricing is settled by October 1st. These products might make excellent Christmas or other fall-Winter gifts.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    04-03-2019 03:48 PM
    No, I will not subscribe to any Apple services. The hardware alone is too costly, the idea that I should pay too much money in the first place, just so I can lock myself into a monthly payment that is also too much, for services I don’t need,hurts my head !
    04-06-2019 09:32 AM
    I don’t have a problem subscribing to services that I need or really want, and although I would prefer to pay for a service outright and be done with it, I understand the rationale behind companies’ move to the subscription-based method. As consumers, it is still up to us to determine what is useful, which service is affordable and whether or not it’s worth the price we’re paying.
    Spencerdl and joemd60 like this.
    04-06-2019 09:46 AM
    For some reason when I think of magazine subscription services, I think of Publishers Clearing House and a chance to win several Thousand a week for life...LOL
    Last edited by Spencerdl; 04-06-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    04-06-2019 09:55 AM